[Help] GTA IV (Installation)

Hacking Any Other Offline Single-Player Game

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

[Help] GTA IV (Installation)

Postby XxNyxheroxX » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:24 pm

This is a noob question but I still want to...because I can't solve.

I can't install GTA : IV and this is my PC

The seller said SP 3 is needed and I already got it. I got " Ask for genuine microsoft software " keke..

The problem I met that is cannot install completely. It always appears error during installation and how many discs do you guys have ( DVD ) ? I got 3 pieces ( Not original ).

A lot of times this happening to me..

Thanks for your helps /guide =)
I'm a NEWBIE

Health reminder : Go drink a cup of 250mL water and keep your eyes off from computer for 10 minutes
XxNyxheroxX
Probably Popular

Postby Explicit » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:16 am

As you stated, since it's not the genuine & 'original' disc(s), it may have been corrupted and therefore, provoking the issues. And well, as we all know, if you actually intended on getting the original version of GTA IV, there wouldn't be or shouldn't be any issues on installation.

Although, out of curiosity, what is this "error" you encountered during installation of the game? Please provide screenshots; if you feel the necessary need to.
Nothing is impossible, just implausible
Explicit
I Know Your Poop

Postby XxNyxheroxX » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:12 pm

Sorry, Explicit.

I was busy for my form 3 setting like buying books and I need to be active on school's activities, something like that...

I still can't post up a error image for you yet. I post this message is want to let you know I haven't solve my problem yet and if I solved or post up the error image, I will inform to you as fast as possible.

Most of my time were spent on volleyball now and stay in office ; not my home :(

Because of this, I only have one way is come to MHS to ask you all experienced on this problem`s guys/ gals.

Of course, I will be solve it by myself as fast as possible in a week.

This is my respect to a moderator.

For more a little details
-----------------------------
I explored the disc and I had notice every disc 1, 2 and 3`s data1, 2 and 3 has been corrupted and damaged but I can completely install with disc 1 and disc 2 failed.

Why like this one ?
I'm a NEWBIE

Health reminder : Go drink a cup of 250mL water and keep your eyes off from computer for 10 minutes
XxNyxheroxX
Probably Popular

Postby Explicit » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:12 am

Disc 1, Disc 2 & Disc 3, all together should contain all the contents of the GTA IV installation. It has just been separated into "parts".

Although, out of curiosity, how did you know they were corrupted or damaged in any way? Because, basically, they ARE corrupted and damaged if they are still separated from together. And what is the file extension of Disc 1, 2 & 3? If it's an .iso, I'm sure you can place all the files together, so, Disc 1, 2 & 3 won't be "separated" anymore and will be joined together to form as-like 1 whole "disc". Then, you could check to see if anything is corrupted or damaged.

And so I suppose Disc 2 wasn't working because that might have been the corrupted one & Disc 1 wasn't. Therefore, different sectors of Disc 2 have been corrupted and damaged whilst processing it into an .iso or whatever state it is currently.
Explicit
I Know Your Poop

Postby XxNyxheroxX » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:46 pm

Finally, I got some time to do that

I'm a NEWBIE

XxNyxheroxX
Probably Popular

Postby JB Gzn » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:15 pm

I hope ur computer isn't as fucked up as mine.
i can't install ANY game which uses CAB files to install\
i need to transfer them between 2 computers before i can play a gane, so much people have this prob. yet there is no solution.
ImageImage

famous wrote:What's worth the price is always worth the fight

famous wrote:Every second counts cause there's no second try
JB Gzn
Pro++

Postby Explicit » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:41 am

Oh, .cab file issues. I used to run into these problems. This happened because something had gone into my system32 and deleted a .cab file or multiple amounts in a folder (of which I forgot). I ended up formatting my Operating System because of this.

- Try clearing your %TEMP% folder out before installing
- Try disabling DMA from your CD-Rom properties

If not, I'd say to try find someone who has got the game running up perfectly and ask them to give you the whole installation. If you're unable to do so, all you have to do is BUY IT legitimately. Install it with the legitimate CD(s). Burn/Copy it onto clean disk(s). Write down what you need to; possibly the CD-KEY. And then, feel free to return it (that's if where you purchased it from allows you to do so).
Explicit
I Know Your Poop

Postby varemenos » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:49 pm

XxNyxheroxX wrote:Finally, I got some time to do that

That problem is mostly caused of scratched disc.. i suggest you to either burn the game again in slow speed (1x) or install it through a software like Daemon Tools which will mount the iso file w/o the need of burning the iso file (game)

offtopic: how can you read what is it written in there with that font ? :?
varemenos
Been Around More

Re: [Help] GTA IV (Installation)

Postby XxNyxheroxX » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:51 am

Firstly, I have to sorry to you guys that I dug a such old topic of myself`s

Reason : I just remember that I posted this topic here when I'm minding about the GTA IV xP Besides, this section also got no many people access.

So, computer performances do not affect the installation but while gaming, right?

I'm going to buy a whole new GTA IV disc now from other seller as I have got many times fail to install those all games that I had bought from the seller * I totally got no trust with the seller now * But perhaps that's my computer suck.

Like Explicit said, cleaning %TEMP% folder and disabling DMA, I will try soon, LoL.

* I had modified my whole computer theme / icons by using " VistaMizer " so it does affections too?
I'm a NEWBIE

XxNyxheroxX
Probably Popular

Postby Blood » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:10 am

That Doesnt Affect it.. maybe u can erase your back of your cd using eraser .. it work for me sometime
Blood
NULL

Postby XxNyxheroxX » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:54 am

[EDITED]

All the problem solve when I buy a new CD of GTA IV :?

===============================================

Oh I see, but using eraser to erase the CD.. That method is quite weird, never heard before. I`ll try and see soon.
I'm a NEWBIE

XxNyxheroxX
Probably Popular

Return to Others (Offline)