Pointer issues...

Ask for Help on Using the Language With Memory Hacking Software

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Pointer issues...

Postby efel » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:13 pm

I'm trying to find a pointer for a certain address in a game...

I've successfully found every other pointer static address, however this one is confusing me...

Using CE, I get a register of something like this when doing what access this address:

movsx eax, dword ptr [eax+02] (probably not exact, I'm at work).

It tells me the pointer is probably (some address)

I try to search for that address and it doesn't find anything.

Using MHS, I do a pointer scan and it finds a pointer quite a bit of distance away (still the smallest distance in the list).

Now, for this first level, I add it to CE, and again do what access this address, and I get this:

jp memcpy+84

That's the only thing listed. And it doesn't give a recommended pointer.

Using MHS, I can keep searching backward, but I eventually get lost in a huge loop of pointers and give up. Most of the pointers in this game are 3-5 levels.

Are there tutorials on how to use 'what accesses this address in MHS?' It seems much simple in CE.

Nevertheless, I can't find the pointer no matter what I try. I spend probably 5 -8 hours on it yesterday.

Also, I tried to a pointer scan in CE, injected pointer scan crashes the game before it completes, the default takes forever!

I would like to post this on CE forums too, but I can't get my account activated over there to save my life... I've tried registered about 5 times weeks ago and still can't get it activated.
efel
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:36 am

The likely cause is that MHS is reading its own RAM instead of the game RAM, if the game is using nProtect Game Guard.

You can search this site for video tutorials on how to use the Find What * This Address buttons.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Return to Help