BSearch

Ask for Help on Using the Language With Memory Hacking Software

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

BSearch

Postby daenerys » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:33 pm

Hi,

is there any script code snippet/example how the BSearch function is used?
Basic idea behind is to use the script to automatically search the memory for some data, and I think the BSearch function is the only one that makes sense.
Am I right here?
daenerys
Hackleberry Fin

Postby L. Spiro » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:31 pm

BSearch() is for scanning your own sets of data that you have created within the script.

There is currently no way to scan the target process RAM except by writing your own scanner using ReadProcessMemory() and making your own buffers.
It is possible to write your own scanner this way.

However, in the future the scripts will indeed work with the scanner (however this functionality will NOT be part of the exported scripts) to help you find any values you wish.

In fact, I may be able to add this functionality tonight, or at least get started.

Method 1:
The basic method will involve initializing existing searches from within the script.
Calling an API function would invoke one of the existing scans with the parameters you supply.

Method 2:
The scanner will call one of your functions to determine if values should be added to the list.
Normally I could have this done in a jiffy, but script searches don’t have to follow the same rules as other searches (Exact Value, Greater Than, etc.), and for maximum usability it means I am going to have to make a way for users to create new search menu items with new search dialogs with their own script-specific options.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Return to Help