opinion

you're an idiot Kai
71%
hmm... might be worth a second thought
29%

Total votes : 7

Question about the features and a suggestion for a tutorial

Postby kai » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:13 am

First, sorry if this is in the wrong place or just stupid.

Ok. I was wandering around and found this tutorial, cheat code harvesting tutorial and I was wondering, how much of this can Memory hacking software perform all by itself now and how much in the future, and if it could be edited, with the original author's permission I'm sure, to reflect all of the stuff within Memoryhacking software that can pull this off instead of opening up a bunch of programs?

I thought it might be a good way to introduce a person to all of this wonderful software's components and how to integrate them for people new to this software.

What do you think? Stupid, clever Idea, Mind-numbingly foolish, what?
kai
Sir Hacks-A-Lot

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:44 pm

much of this can Memory hacking software perform all by itself

The functionality provided by PEiD and caspr is rarely needed in game hacking as not only is it rare that games are packed, but it is also more common for cheats to be RAM-based, so packed executables don’t matter either way in these cases.

WindASM failed to provide anything for him in this tutorial, so I can’t say what features he wanted to use there.

And OllyDbg will be almost entirely reproduced in one of the upcoming versions of Memory Hacking Software, meaning anything you can do in OllyDbg you can do in Memory Hacking Software better (adding scripting and loads of other features).

The primary specialty tools he used there were unpackers, which are rare tools to use and any unpacker only works in a few cases here and there, because of how many packing methods there are.
For this reason, unpacking will never be part of Memory Hacking Software.

All the debugging features from OllyDbg and IDA will be there eventually, though that is quite a set of features and will take time for one guy to make.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Return to Tutorials