FAQ in hacking games

Submit Tutorials Related to Memory Hacking Software

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

FAQ in hacking games

Postby TienHuong » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:18 am

whenever you begin to hack a game, what should you do?
  • Find base pointer to the common values? (your money or resources ...etc.) (This is basic step. And there are many tuts about this! I'll not mention about this anymore!)
  • But your greed is still not stopped yet? Do you wanna control your game more deep? Do you want your Hacking affect to all your units? So, you must know "is this unit belong to your command?" ! That's is the point! But I don't know how to call this skill in english. So, i'll temporary call it is "Owner Value". I'll mention about this stub only!
Reason: "owner value" will help you very much! This is some support from it (and a ton of other things):
  • Set owner selected unit! (catch him! He will be under your command!)
  • make a "God mode" hack for your game! Of course! you can't apply this hack for all players!Image
  • Ammo Hack or firing speed or some special thing you want!
Normally, i found "Owner value" by itself changing or...by luckily. But i know this not the way! because "change owner" is very rare case! And It's maybe stored in many address! And this hack should be done by calling game's function! Debugging is necessary! But i don't know where to begin?
So would you please to guide me and others the skill to find "Owner Value"? I know there are many pro in this forum!
TienHuong
I Have A Few Questions

Re: FAQ in hacking games

Postby denispn » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:08 am

Hi!

I usually do the following:

1. Search for address of one of my unit's life.
2. View the values near this address in Hex Editor, usually before it. Take a look at the data's structure.
3. Sometimes there is a digit before my player's life value that represents the owner of the unit. Ex.: If it is a player's unit, digit is 1. If it belongs to the computer, it is 0.
4. Search for address of one of the computer unit's life.
5. View the values near this address in Hex Editor, usually before it. Take a look at the data's structure.
6. Compare the two data structures to see the differences.

As said before, sometimes it is a digit that differs the owner of the unit.

Thanks,
ctl3d32
denispn
Hacker Smacker

Postby TienHuong » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:50 am

@denispn: your way is still need "luckily"! at the step 2! right?
and very waste time in step 5+6.
in big games, your method is very hard to "Work"!
for example: game RA3, unit's playerID is located in level 3 of multilayer pointer. And the offset of layer 2 is "quite small" (about 400h) :D
I known this because of an AA Script. So i think there are have a right method to get PlayerID of an object!
TienHuong
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:45 pm

Actually denispn is generally correct.
There is hardly any luck involved in studying a player structure since MHS’s Hex Editor is real-time. When things change it is easy to see how they are connected to your in-game actions.
And 400h is very small; the structures I had to hack 7 years ago in Starsiege: Tribes were more like 0x12XXX bytes in size.
A few searches and studying the ASM from Find What Accesses This Address result in a very simple breakdown of any game player structure.

To be frank, finding one value and then simply viewing the data around it is part of the process in every hack that has been made, and you will not get anything done without doing it yourself.
So much for your “waste of time” theory.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby TienHuong » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:09 am

@L.Spiro: someone has told me that: "look at the different between "your unit and enemy unit"! yours will "reply by some sound" you each time you select him! you can try debug it. Begin at the "sound"!" ~~> this way is look general! but.... i think it is hard and spend much of time than the way @denispn told me!
thanks @L.Spiro and @denispn so much! :)
TienHuong
I Have A Few Questions

Return to Tutorials