The Power of MHS: Generic Packet Sniffer/Editor

Submit Tutorials Related to Memory Hacking Software

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Postby Shynd » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:45 am

No, since this tutorial uses debug breakpoints to capture packets. You need to be able to attach the debugger to use this tutorial.
Shynd
Acker

Postby erichumale » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:11 am

yea i was wondering even if you dont debug maple, and you go on maple while attaching the MHS, can you still receive packets in the MHS? and then change the packet around like what this is suppose to do?
erichumale
Hackleberry Fin

Postby erichumale » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:34 am

how come someone in MPC forum said that we CAN use this on maple story? or maybe the purpose he was talking about was to use hack with this MHS? i was looking forward to learn about packet editing because thats what this tut is about isnt it?
erichumale
Hackleberry Fin

Postby L. Spiro » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:33 am

Most people think it works on Maple Story because it appears to work.
And it almost does. I am working on making it work.

But for now it can detect and attach to any nProtect Game Guard process, just not read their RAM or debug them.

Both of these may be fixed somewhat soon.

The next release of MHS also has functionality to allow everyone to study the nProtect Game Guard protections and create their own bypasses as well. This will be a big help to everyone who is working on any bypasses for it.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby erichumale » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:00 am

oh ok. thanks for the detailed informations. i will wait and see what people can come up with in the next MHS and hopefully i can study the gameguard too and create my own bypass when i'm more advanced in these things haha
erichumale
Hackleberry Fin

Postby L. Spiro » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:25 pm

This was quite annoying.

A month ago I took a quick look at their protections and thought, “Okay, this will be easy.”.
I made the bypass and tested it. Blue screen. I changed my method, tested, failed (but no blue screen).

I kept thinking about why it wasn’t working, looking deeper and deeper for hooks, and made a hook-detection library for MHS.

But on my lunch break I took a look at my code in my driver.
That blue screen caused me to lose a bit of very important code.
Adding the code back and testing revealed my methods were working from the start.

How annoying. It was a 5-second job to bypass those protections spread out over a month of confusion when all it was was some lost data in my driver causing it not to use the bypasses I have been implementing for the last month.

The hooks that were preventing MHS from reading the RAM of nProtect Game Guard games are bypassed (as they should have been the day after I glanced at their protections).
After noticing this I whipped up the bypass on my lunch break.

Don’t get too excited. MHS can go into the target process and read the RAM, probably even lots more, but there is a loose end somewhere that allows the game to detect that its RAM is being read and it closes after a while.
This is just a matter of figuring out how it detects that and then just bypassing that. Bypassing is easy. Searching is not.

I will release the next version soon with all the features needed to locate and study their hooks and to make custom bypasses. Having many people searching for the problem should speed things along and adding custom bypassing allows it to work forever.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby mezzo » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:49 pm

sweet ! :-)
- No thanks, I already have a penguin -
mezzo
El Mariachi

Postby erichumale » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:11 pm

this sounds really nice and interesting.

i wish i was able to do up to the level of creating a little program(such as MHS for example) and be able to share with everyone
but with the tut i find online, its not enough T_T very hard to learn from those

just a question, where did you learn all these things? and any recommendation on the best place/tut to learn from?
erichumale
Hackleberry Fin

Postby L. Spiro » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:29 pm

I have taught myself roughly 90% of everything I know from the ground up, from general programming to hacking.

The other 10% were mostly from picking up knowledge here-and-there from various people I met (online).

The anti-anti-cheat methods I am implementing are all my own ideas and my own implementations. As you can see by looking back a little, when I need to know more I make my own tools for studying and keep on teaching myself.

The only site I know with tutorials is http://www.catch22.net/.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Fusion » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:28 am

L. Spiro wrote:After noticing this I whipped up the bypass on my lunch break.

Don’t get too excited.

Very excited! Looking forward to this greatly.
Fusion
Hacker Smacker

Postby Zyphyr » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:49 am

any date for a new release?

If so, cool. If not, ill wait...
Zyphyr
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:57 am

This week before I go to America.

It is only a 50% bypass on my game since it closes after a while but perhaps it is 100% on Maple Story. Who knows.

I only need to add 2 more features tonight and then update the help file with everything that has been added. There are currently 25 additions since MHS 4.0.0.13 and will be at least 27, making it the biggest overall upgrade ever.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Fusion » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:23 pm

Excellent.

L. Spiro wrote:It is only a 50% bypass on my game since it closes after a while

What game is this, if I may ask?
Fusion
Hacker Smacker

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:31 pm

You may ask, but I won’t answer. However, it is not Maple Story, as you may have guessed.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Zyphyr » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:15 am

is it Warden that your trying to bypass?

or is it something harder/easier
Zyphyr
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials