Video Tutorials on Using MHS

Submit Tutorials Related to Memory Hacking Software

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Postby L. Spiro » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:13 pm

There are many resources available for defeating DMA, and once you know how it works and the tricks to bypass it it is trivial to do so.

To search for multiple values you must run multiple instances of MHS. Each instance must be in a different folder.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Hey

Postby inuyasha » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:02 pm

Yes these are my video's sorry if they're not exactly what you wanted. I just made these because people kept asking me how to use it so I showed them basic knowledge about it. I appreciate you putting them in the forum I really do I been on here a couple of times and I love the MHS software I think it's better than Cheat engine in my opinion.

Thanks again L. Spiro keep up the good work. I'm trying to learn how to use the disassembler in MHS so I can start writing the hacks and hope to god they work but still running into some problems not enough knowledge on it so I'm still reading up on it. The help in MHS is awesome in dept detail and everything.

I hope the video helps out people and understand it a little better but yes these are my videos that I have made with my computer on a x64 bit windows 7 OS / x64 Vista Ultimate

Bubby0011 / Inuyasha0011 / Inuyasha

---------------------------------------------------
Also|
-----

I put these on www.cheatengine.org

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=336824

http://www.forum.cheatengine.orgwww.for ... p?t=334728

because you're help gave me more info than cheat engine tut's ever will
inuyasha
Acker

Re: Hey

Postby L. Spiro » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:32 am

inuyasha wrote:Yes these are my video's sorry if they're not exactly what you wanted.

There is nothing wrong with them. There are multiple ways to do everything in MHS, so if you are worried about being exactly correct it is impossible.

The content in your videos is probably the most beginner-friendly method, which is probably the most important thing for a tutorial to be.

As you yourself discover more features/shortcuts/alternative methods of doing things you can make tutorials that slowly build up in advanced levels and these will help others do the same.

In case you are worried about it being “what I wanted”, the main thing I had on my mind when I said you could optimize your use of MHS was to right-click an address in the Found Addresses list and select Copy Current Value or Copy Address instead of typing the addresses manually.

As you can see, this is a very minor thing. It really does not matter how you copy the addresses over. The content of the tutorial itself had no problems.

By the way, I assume you are friends with g3nuin3.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby inuyasha » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:03 am

Can't say I am don't know the guy but I do have a big channel on youtube about hacking things / doing dumb stuff but i'm at a lost at the disassembler not good in the whole memory address. I need to write a thing on the tut but I get this

Code: Select all
MyCode:
add [ebx,341],9

Override code:
dec DWORD PTR [ebx,341]

So that should make the address at the memory go up by 9 instead of losing right? but wrong I get a thing saying that line 18 is not the right size or something
inuyasha
Acker

Postby g3nuin3 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:06 am

negative, but his contributions are appreciated. Ive decided to look into the code editor, when i get home we wil dsicuss some things about it. From my understanding you can actually filter out certain functions in the game assuming you know abit about what is passed to it (From the Call Stack i can see youve allowed it to log ESP+, which means arguments more or less to the function, i played abit with it at work but since we are on limited Access here, no debugging can be done for me to successfully look deeper into it..but this will definietly come in handy when deciphering certain game functions in order to find routines that say..modify weapons usage/ or even health routines, or functions that pass the players structre as parameters..Stil tinkering, but i will be releasing a synopss of this feature.

Correction: ESP+ are local variables, assuming youre grabbing these values "inside" the function? Clear that up perhaps? All assumptions here, wish i was home instead of here making blind assumptions but this is definitely a useful tool :) for gamehacking and Application reversing alike :)
g3nuin3
Acker

Postby g3nuin3 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:33 am

inuyasha wrote:Can't say I am don't know the guy but I do have a big channel on youtube about hacking things / doing dumb stuff but i'm at a lost at the disassembler not good in the whole memory address. I need to write a thing on the tut but I get this

MyCode:
add [ebx,341],9

Override code:
dec DWORD PTR [ebx,341]

So that should make the address at the memory go up by 9 instead of losing right? but wrong I get a thing saying that line 18 is not the right size or something

Hi use DWORD PTR before [ebx,341]..although thats a strange instruction to me should it be [ebx+341]? Also if the game uses DEC, why not just use INC, which is the opposite, instead of lssing whatever it is youre losing, you will GAIN that amount instead. And on your JMP to your cave if any instructions were destroyed, you must rewrite them before giving control back to your game or it may cause undefined results. (usually a crash)
g3nuin3
Acker

Postby L. Spiro » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:12 pm

[ebx,341] is not valid syntax and I am not sure what you wanted.

add DWORD PTR [ebx+341], 9
add DWORD PTR [ebx], 341 // 9?
add DWORD PTR [ebx], 9

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby g3nuin3 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:22 pm

L.Spiro: dont you steal my shine, and read my posts above, pertaining to the Code Editor.
g3nuin3
Acker

Postby L. Spiro » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:54 pm

You said something about the Code Editor?

And the reason I thought you two were homies is because it can not be just a random coincidence that after sitting idle for months, inuyasha posts in this topic hours after I directed g3nuin3 here.

I figured g3nuin3 saw this, recognized the videos, and called up his homie-G inuyasha to let him know there was a topic about his videos.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby g3nuin3 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:45 pm

g3nuin3 wrote:

negative, but his contributions are appreciated. Ive decided to look into the code editor, when i get home we wil dsicuss some things about it. From my understanding you can actually filter out certain functions in the game assuming you know abit about what is passed to it (From the Call Stack i can see youve allowed it to log ESP+, which means arguments more or less to the function, i played abit with it at work but since we are on limited Access here, no debugging can be done for me to successfully look deeper into it..but this will definietly come in handy when deciphering certain game functions in order to find routines that say..modify weapons usage/ or even health routines, or functions that pass the players structre as parameters..Stil tinkering, but i will be releasing a synopss of this feature.

Correction: ESP+ are local variables, assuming youre grabbing these values "inside" the function? Clear that up perhaps? All assumptions here, wish i was home instead of here making blind assumptions but this is definitely a useful tool :) for gamehacking and Application reversing alike :)

Code Filter woops..it was a very long day :/
g3nuin3
Acker

Postby inuyasha » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:08 am

Oh, no L. Spiro I been on here for at least a year just never posted I look at tut's and try to learn the things needed to do the things I'm trying to achieve. Sorry if I never posted but I been busy the past 5 months never had time to do anything with the computer till here recently. I know you all don't care about my life and hows it going so i'll just stop at that. But I am having trouble with something that I posted in the help section

Help
http://memoryhacking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5636
inuyasha
Acker

Re: Video Tutorials on Using MHS

Postby freiza » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:43 am

Hello I started to make video tutorial on cheat engine's tutorial 8 using MHS
(Multilevel pointer)

But i am struck

Help me making all video tuts that you listed. I really want to help beginners.
freiza
I Have A Few Questions

Re: Video Tutorials on Using MHS

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:32 am

I don’t have time. Sorry, but others can help if you post your questions in the correct sections.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Previous

Return to Tutorials