Video Tutorials on Using MHS

Submit Tutorials Related to Memory Hacking Software

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Video Tutorials on Using MHS

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:08 pm

I found these tutorials on YouTube.
The author explains the standard ways of using MHS to finish the Cheat Engine tutorial. The methods he explains are essentially correct and how they are intended to be used.

He may or may not be a regular on this forum. If he is, he should probably post here for appropriate recognition and a special forum title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8TrlfiOjrI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3690R8B4JM

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby JB Gzn » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:17 pm

Yet he doesn't know how ro change 2 values at a time xD
ImageImage

famous wrote:What's worth the price is always worth the fight

famous wrote:Every second counts cause there's no second try
JB Gzn
Pro++

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:42 pm

There are things he can do to optimize his use of MHS. But nothing he did was incorrect.
Other videos like these will be rewarded with custom forum titles and stickied.
With an actual microphone/voice. Not typing into Notepad.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby JB Gzn » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:48 pm

hmm if i knew that i would've made one ;P
too bad i don't know any real ways of showing how mhs works
ImageImage

famous wrote:What's worth the price is always worth the fight

famous wrote:Every second counts cause there's no second try
JB Gzn
Pro++

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:53 pm

Get a general idea for a video tutorial and I will explain the execution in MHS. Not a tutorial on how to hack one game or another.
Something to show a feature in MHS. There are plenty left that have not been video-tutorialed.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby minorutono » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:44 am

Interesting.

I've seen those vids before. I don't know who that is.

I may attempt something later, but I doubt Im good enough as of now to teach anything advanced. Maybe some stuff for the nubs.
minorutono
i R t3h nUB!!111

Postby L. Spiro » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:51 am

That is why I am willing to offer advice regarding advanced subjects to anyone willing to make such a video.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby minorutono » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:26 am

L. Spiro wrote:That is why I am willing to offer advice regarding advanced subjects to anyone willing to make such a video.

L. Spiro

Perhaps you should post some subjects that haven't already been made into videos?

Like a -To Do- List?

Also, is there any way to have this forum be able to embed YouTube videos? I note that MPGH somehow has Youtube Embedding enabled.

Also, as long as you are giving out titles and such to people who have made awesome tutorials.. I think WhiteHat should get some respects. I've learned alot from WhiteHat ^ ^.. And I believe everyone else has as well.
minorutono
i R t3h nUB!!111

Postby L. Spiro » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:03 am

#1: How to use scripts (can be broken into many parts).
#2: How to search for player positions in 3D games.
#3: How to use the Expression Search.
#4: How to use the Group Search.
#5: Finding multi-level pointers (Cheat Engine tutorial #8 covers this, but a 2 more videos would be appropriate. One explaining the same method in more detail and one showing how to use the Auto-Hack/Disassembler/Expression Evaluator to make the pointer path).
#6: How to use the Code Filter.
#7: About expressions and Complex Addresses.
#8: How to use String Search (byte arrays, wildcards, and regular expressions especially).
#9: How to use Script Search.
#10: How to use Hotkeys (including how to use them with added addresses).
#11: How to use the Auto-Assembler.
#12: How to call any function in the target process via the Disassembler.

When you pick a topic of interest I will help by helping you to know how to cover the subject in MHS and to make sure your information is accurate.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby qjqqyy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:32 pm

minorutono wrote:
L. Spiro wrote:That is why I am willing to offer advice regarding advanced subjects to anyone willing to make such a video.

L. Spiro

Perhaps you should post some subjects that haven't already been made into videos?

Like a -To Do- List?

Also, is there any way to have this forum be able to embed YouTube videos? I note that MPGH somehow has Youtube Embedding enabled.

Also, as long as you are giving out titles and such to people who have made awesome tutorials.. I think WhiteHat should get some respects. I've learned alot from WhiteHat ^ ^.. And I believe everyone else has as well.

in vBulletin they added the embed video function
in phpBB u cannot embed videos
Made by speedwing

qjqqyy
Been Around More

Postby minorutono » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:44 am

qjqqyy wrote:
minorutono wrote:

L. Spiro

Like a -To Do- List?

in vBulletin they added the embed video function
in phpBB u cannot embed videos

Got it. Too bad. We'll just use links, then.

@ L Spiro,
I might be able to do the multi-level pointers one. But I only know what I learned from WhiteHat and Josese.. So I'm not really sure that I'm qualified, and if anyone else would rather then they should in my stead.. Also, lemme work on my multilevel pointer skills to make sure they're adequate - at the level to teach.
minorutono
i R t3h nUB!!111

Postby WhiteHat » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:25 am

minorutono wrote:So I'm not really sure that I'm qualified, and if anyone else would rather then they should in my stead.. Also, lemme work on my multilevel pointer skills to make sure they're adequate - at the level to teach.

In my opinion, MHS forum needs more tuts for beginners.

From what i’ve been through, it’s quite hard to persuade my friends to use MHS. Most of them were scared by its looks at first glance. “This is too advance”, they said. We need to convince these people of how powerful MHS is by showing them its similarity to CE (which is more familiar to them) and how MHS exceeds CE in many ways. As for me, MHS features helped me a lot in improving my game-hacking skill and somehow encourages me to learn more, and i’m very pleased with it. I just love hacking games, yet there are much more to learn.

So, having adequate skill is undoubtedly important. But it’s not a necessity to make a good tutorial for beginners. If you’ve made some working pointer trails (Complex Address) by your own, then i think you’re ready to make tutorials about it. Moreover, L. Spiro is here to help us...

Just think about advance tutorials later. I think advance users tend to find their own solutions since they have basic knowledge..
.. to boldly go where no eagle has gone before...
WhiteHat
Elang Djawa

Postby minorutono » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:40 am

I could do easy tuts, lol.
minorutono
i R t3h nUB!!111

Postby Aspras » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:22 pm

I might soon make a video tut with voice and everything on expression search. Just need to wait for my new headset to come and my finals to be over.
Aspras
NULL

Postby FSB » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:57 pm

L. Spiro: those are some good tutorial videos you found. on the note of my previous topic, i know that they are not gone, and I heard of DMA b4, but it's just really annoying that for a simple money hack i must find a bypass to DMA. all i can say is i hope once i find that base pointer that it becomes easy to give inf. ammo to the rest of my tools.
btw: ill probably find a suitable tutorial on breaking DMA sooner or later, so its up to you whether you want to help me further.
BTW: how do you search for multiple values within the same instance of MHS? or do i have to load up an instance for every different value i need to simultaniously search for?
I lost track of Tim E. If you find him please tell me.
You know he's him because he goes tick-tock every two seconds.
FSB
I Have A Few Questions

Next

Return to Tutorials