Submit Tutorials Related to Memory Hacking Software

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

How to change value(byte)of a Pointer's

Postby intermilan » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:18 am

honestly.. after i found this MHS thing, CE is nothing compared to MHS
MHS is superb,complete,all in one Engine

after i read all help files and this tutorial ,
now i can found the pointer of an address

i have this screen to explain (compare to CE-cheat engine)
picture below i usually used to change the "value (55)" of an address using Pointer to that (55)value
Pointer ---> address x (value = 55)

below is picture when i use MHS

first i try to find the address of 55 (note : address of 55 always changed when i restart the game)
now i have found the Pointer to that 55

the PROBLEM is, how to change that value(55 ) using pointer (in second line) and freeze the value(lock) because as we can see in picture, i cannot see value of 55 at 2nd line(even i double click it)

Note: i will delete the 1st line since it a non static address(always change)
and i will always use the Pointer(in 2nd line)

can anyone give an tutorial step by step

thank you in advance
regards
intermilan
I Have A Few Questions

Postby Josese » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:06 am

First Read This...http://memoryhacking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2592
Then u need change the Type "VOID" to "BYTE" thats all

Modify Address>Value>Type>Byte
Yes, I know,I Know, Im Handsome Lol!!
Ya its me playing WT!!
ImageImage
Josese
Been Around

Postby L. Spiro » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:27 am

Remove the first entry.
Double-click the second entry.
Select the Normal Address tab.
Click Use Complex Address.
Enter the following Complex Address: [00DAC604h]+52h
Select the Main tab.
Set the Type to Byte.
Click OK.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby intermilan » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:43 pm

there is no Thanks button here :) noproblem i'll say here

@Josese and L.Spiro
thanks alot ..great Software (better than CheatEngine 5.4) , great forum ,great tutorial

PS : L.Spiro.. do you have a plan to include Packet sniffer and editor into a
submenu ? will be a great Engine .. greater than CE5.4 and WPE both

dear L.Spiro,
can we edit the packet RECEIVED from Server to Client and ... how to send it to the CLIENT,
so..the game will think that it is from server and then the client/character will result as we want ?

is it working "edit Received Packet to change the character behavior in game " ?
or it is SENT Packet ONLY that can change our game character ?

do you have an idea of "an packet editor include Decryptor evaluation(calculation)since some game has encryption for their Packet"
intermilan
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:19 pm

http://memoryhacking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=440

You can add your own packet editor easily and since you have full control over it you can perform any decryption and reencryption you can imagine.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby intermilan » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:27 pm

dear L.Spiro,
can we edit the packet RECEIVED from Server to Client and ... how to send it to the CLIENT,
so..the game will think that it is from server and then the client/character will result as we want ?

is it WORKING to edit Received Packet to change the character behavior in game " ?
or it is SENT Packet ONLY that can change our game character ?

do you have an idea of "an packet editor include Decryptor evaluation(calculation)since some game has encryption for their Packet"
intermilan
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:07 pm

You can change it as you please (I figured this would be obvious from my last post) but that has nothing to do with the value on the server. At best you can make your client lie to you, but why use packet-editing when you could get the same result by just modifying the memory?

is it WORKING to edit Received Packet to change the character behavior in game " ?

No.

Yes.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby intermilan » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:51 pm

Quote:

You can change it as you please (I figured this would be obvious from my last post) but that has nothing to do with the value on the server. At best you can make your client lie to you, but why use packet-editing when you could get the same result by just modifying the memory?

yeah , i realize now that is useless to edit . same case with modifying memory. (client side)

L.Spiro ... can we have encrytion calculation / evaluation in our MHS ? anyupdate for next MHS or any script maybe.
intermilan
I Have A Few Questions

Re: How to change value(byte)of a Pointer's

Postby g3nuin3 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:36 am

Hi,

Asking for an encryption calculation is kind of useless people, most games will use modified versions of the generic encryption, or use their own encryption routines on their packets, it realy boils down to the hacker to identify,find and reverse this routine, or simply strip it right out of the exe and use it. Not to mention if it uses anything like CRC which uses tables to generate the key or "hash table" then its also pointless, although it would be cool to have a tool like PEID's KANAL plugin which can identify where some of the generic algorithms are being used in a file. with addresses to the tables ( sometimes false positives, but better than searching from ground 0)
g3nuin3
Acker

Return to Tutorials