Hacking DotA Heroes: Utilizing Group Search... (pictures)

Submit Tutorials Related to Memory Hacking Software

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Postby WhiteHat » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:02 am

tiduswong wrote:So if u cheat at multi player the cilent will auto make you disconnect from the sever

That depends on which value you’re cheated..
In term of values discussed in this tutorial, the answer is “yes”...

Aspras wrote:Each hero has his/her own exp address?

Absolutely... EXP is their unique attribute.
Actually, each units in WarCraft 3 have their own data-structure...
.. to boldly go where no eagle has gone before...
WhiteHat
Elang Djawa

Postby minorutono » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:30 am

Loser question, but how do you add all the addresses you got from the Hex Editor Group Search at once? Or do you do them one by one? I can't find a way to add them all seperately, but it implies in your guide that there is a way to add all the elements at once.

Btw Nice guide^^. It helps.
minorutono
i R t3h nUB!!111

Postby WhiteHat » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:23 pm

minorutono wrote:how do you add all the addresses you got from the Hex Editor Group Search at once? Or do you do them one by one? I can't find a way to add them all seperately

I’ve been doing it manually by right-clicking the addresses in hex editor and add them to MHS table...

We can, actually, add it directly from the Found Address window. But the entry in MHS table will be the least readable (Non-Standard Type, in Hex format)..

I’m quite sure that LSScript could overcome this readability issue, however...

minorutono wrote:but it implies in your guide that there is a way to add all the elements at once.

I don’t remember i typed that since i can’t do it myself till now... Maybe i explained something poorly and leads to some miss-interpretation..
WhiteHat
Elang Djawa

Postby minorutono » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:26 am

"From Group Search result, we can add those each element separately to the MHS table (we have to do it manually via hex editor). Now we have the table for EXP, Ability Points, and Base Strength (at level 1)... "

I thought this meant all at once together, but I was at school so that's probably why I read it wrong.

W/e I just add them from the Hex Editor.

^^ Sorry for the confusion~ I read it fast~ My computers teacher doesn't like me looking at hacking stuff while he teaches teh n00bs how to copy-paste a section of a Word Doc. file. Lol.
minorutono
i R t3h nUB!!111

Re: Awesome!

Postby gotio » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:42 pm

WhiteHat wrote:
GlowSplint wrote:... Dota will never be the same again...

I have a feeling that you’re gonna try them On-Line...

In case you are, then i am very sorry to say that these hacks are for single
player only. Yes, you’re the only human among bots... I only hope that i can
share my enthusiasm of utilizing Group Search since it is a unique feature
of MHS and i’ve been using it for quite a while...

I haven’t try these hacks in multiplayer/online. But i have a strong feeling
that they won’t work in those modes... You can try them yourself if you want.
But please be careful of the risk...

Sorry again...

I tried in multiplayer but when my hero leveled up and I was kicked from the server...
gotio
I Have A Few Questions

Re: Awesome!

Postby [Psych] » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:16 pm

gotio wrote:I tried in multiplayer but when my hero leveled up and I was kicked from the server...

Of course you were :P Many online games you will find you can't hack key variables due them been server-sided/server-checked/profile held on server (you get the idea). And those that you can potentially do, you risk getting banned from.

Be nice, do singleplayer :D
[Psych]
Hacker Smacker

Postby gotio » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:58 pm

Yup. So MHS can hack Warcraft3 Multiplayer but you will be kicked/banned aventually.
gotio
I Have A Few Questions

Postby SpeedWing » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:38 pm

gotio, if you lock for example an address that is on the host side( the value). you will be kicked instantly. probably not banned, but never cheat in tournements.
SpeedWing
Defragler

Postby [Psych] » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:13 am

To clarify a little, some MP games, you can't do anything with on the client, as the server will not have any of it :P Let me take an example here. I've been working with CoD5 recently, just for fun, hacking on a LAN game (so as not to annoy anyone on the web).

I found ammo and weapon fire-rate to be server-sided. That is, no matter how much you try, you cannot override it from memory editing on the game client. On the host machine, I can set any of the current player's ammo or gun fire-rate to whatever, and it will take effect.

However, recoil and weapon accuracy are client-sided (that is not server-sided), meaning that you can edit these variables on the client and have it take effect. I am no expert in this regard, but I would suspect these calculations if done on the server would cause way too much overhead. And that is why it is left to the client.

It is therefore down to anti-cheat systems such as punkbuster to scan for any of these 'possible' memory alterations and kick/ban cheating players online. Many people did use Recoil hacks on CoD4 when that first came out. I can remember punkbuster taking an age to kick them (a bug which will have been fixed quickly though, but you get the idea). On a LAN game, without punkbuster (or another AC) enabled, it is a great way to test out what can and can't be done with a game.

So in your case, you can see why i'm not suprised that it doesn't work. I've never played this game, but i'd hazard a bet that there isn't even really a big game client to speak off, perhaps just something you access through a web browser, and login to a profile online. A profile which is stored on the server in it's entirety and one which you can't possible modify unless you comprised the server itself.

I don't make a habit of hacking online games of any kind, but that is general idea from what I have discerned over the years :D

~Psych
[Psych]
Hacker Smacker

Postby chaos_zero » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:18 am

im having a problem following this.

i get up to the point of opening in hex editor but everything is all weird looking letters and symbols theirs no numbers like it shows in your pictures.

anyone else getting this?
chaos_zero
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Postby WhiteHat » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:55 am

That is very much normal as MHS Hex Editor default Base Option data-type is Char.
You can always change this to desired data-type by changing the Base Option setting.
You can do this via HEX EDITOR > VIEW > BASE OPTION, in Data-Type drop down.

Truly, MHS Hex Editor is the best... ^^

For detailed info, please refer to MHS HELP > TOOLS > HEX EDITOR.

Anyway, sorry for quite late reply...
WhiteHat
Elang Djawa

Postby chaos_zero » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:47 pm

thanks for the reply, ill give it a shot. :)
chaos_zero
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Postby chaos_zero » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:16 am

sorry for the double post.

i just got an idea for this that might work online. (have not yet tried to see if the others do) you know how PA has the ult that makes her go invisible (not normal invis, but just that you can still attack her, but just cant see her at all) maybe if we could find the memory address that controls transparency, we could allow us to still see her normally.

good idea?
chaos_zero
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Re: Hacking DotA Heroes: Utilizing Group Search... (pictures)

Postby WhiteHat » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:57 pm

Using MHS, we are actually able to tell every heroes location in DOTA whether they are visible or not. We just need the working complex addresses to do so, and save it in MHS table or process them further with LSScript..

However, i believe that the flag of a unit (include heroes) for being invisible or not is somehow linked to its flag for being target-able or not. And since these flags are likely to be shared values between clients, any efforts to manipulate them will result in disconnection..
WhiteHat
Elang Djawa

Re: Hacking DotA Heroes: Utilizing Group Search... (pictures)

Postby L. Spiro » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:15 pm

But you do not actually have to change them in memory.

Find what reads the flag:
Code: Select all
mov dword ptr eax, [ADDRESSofFLAG]

Then inject code to modify the value in the register:
Code: Select all
mov eax, 1

Now you have changed the flag without changing its value in RAM.
When the other clients check the consistency of your RAM they will find the flag unset as per normal and continue regularly.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials