Self-Generated BSoD

Technical Discussions not Related Directly to MHS. For Example, Coding, Hex Editing, General Hacking, Etc.

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat

Self-Generated BSoD

Postby SztringzS » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:37 am

Hmm I just wanted to post this because some people out there like to do wild things like this.

ok first open regedit (Start > Run | Type <regedit> (without the < >))

now go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
then hit the drop down for SYSTEM then, go to CurrentControlSet then, go to Services and scroll down until you find i8042prt and click Parameters

Now, right click and hit "New > DWORD Value and name it CrashOnCtrlScroll now double click it and change the value to 1 now restart your PC and then next time you want a BSoD, hold in the "Ctrl" on the RIGHT side of your computer, and double-Tap "Scroll Lock"

Hope you have fun with this small and colorful Tutorial!
Kind of ironic huh? Cracking a patcher. Maybe if I get some free time, I'll patch this patcher and then make a patcher with this patcher to patch your patcher!

check out my colorful Thread ! - http://memoryhacking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6382

SztringzS
I Know My Poop

Re: Self-Generated BSoD

Postby CoMPMStR » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:01 pm

lol this would be a good trick to play on a friend. Make a small program that adds this registry entry, then have the program require the user to press RCTRL+Scroll (to continue or whatever).

Kinda like how you can PrintScreen the desktop, save the new image and set it as the wallpaper, then set all desktop icons invisible. :D Harmless yet will freak the hell out of the user when they don't know what happened.

.NET Trainer Helper Library

~Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

L. Spiro wrote:In my left hand is a red pill. If you take it I will show you the truth. I lost my right hand in the war, so I’m afraid you’re stuck with the red pill.
CoMPMStR
(P)ot (I)n (M)y (P)ipe

Re: Self-Generated BSoD

Postby SztringzS » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:59 am

Yeah, thats funny that you said that because thats the first thing I was thinking when I found out about this. lol
Kind of ironic huh? Cracking a patcher. Maybe if I get some free time, I'll patch this patcher and then make a patcher with this patcher to patch your patcher!

check out my colorful Thread ! - http://memoryhacking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6382

SztringzS
I Know My Poop

Return to Technical Unrelated