Final Decision: New Pc

Technical Discussions not Related Directly to MHS. For Example, Coding, Hex Editing, General Hacking, Etc.

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat

Postby SztringzS » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:50 am

L. Spiro wrote:I am so behind on the hardware side I don’t know what any of it means.
Never even heard of i5. I thought there was only i7.

No idea how high-end the graphics card is.

The monitor seems pretty standard and maybe I would plan on getting the same kind or similar. Big expensive monitors are a waste of money and space. How much was it?

To answer your question, SztringzS, I get 50% of the profits brought to this company via my engine (since it is my engine), which will be about $1,000,000 per year in about a year when we release it as a stand-alone middleware package. Now it is only about $100,000 per year or so, since we only use it internally on our game products.

However your donations are always important!

L. Spiro

wow dude when i grow up i want to be you lol
Kind of ironic huh? Cracking a patcher. Maybe if I get some free time, I'll patch this patcher and then make a patcher with this patcher to patch your patcher!

check out my colorful Thread ! - http://memoryhacking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6382

SztringzS
I Know My Poop

Postby toffey » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:07 am

L. Spiro wrote:I am so behind on the hardware side I don’t know what any of it means.

The i5 processors came out after the i7 series. The i5 is more of a mainstream processor, requiring a cheaper overall setup not to mention that the i5 chips are cheater than i7 chips.

If you are going for more of a hardcore setup then you would definitely want an i7 instead of an i5 for your computer.
toffey
Hack-Master Hex

Postby g3nuin3 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:44 am

L.Spiro: The monitor was $219.

The gfx card is pretty good, seeing as it utilizes what seems to be at the current time the fastest of all DDR slots (GDDR5)..as for the corei5, yea it is not the top of the line, although its kickass, it removes some of the features of i7, namely the hyperthreading technology, and other smaller details my memory fails to remember atm.

But on your budget you can definetly get something good..
My MOBO is pretty top of the line though, its the DELUXE edition of a very high end model (ASUS- p7p55d)..and you can have up to 3 CROSSFIREX capable Gfx Cards installed, and alot more upgrades.

Mobo link: http://ca.asus.com/news_show.aspx?id=16721
g3nuin3
Acker

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:26 pm

Out is how I will check it.

By the way, in case you were disappointed/offended/scolded like a woman at my abrupt departure from our last conversation, I realized that you may not know the importance of piano right now so I realized you may have thought I just suddenly got bored and wanted to wander off.

As much as I enjoy piano as a regular hobby, the 3-5 hours per day I put into it is not just for the love of it.
I am overdoing it to prepare for my upcoming meeting with Mr. Hibino, who composed for Metal Gear Solid 3 (among other things).
I shall have a one-on-one meeting with him later this month. I will play piano for him. I suppose I will be judged. And if it works out, I may play some piano part in one of his future compositions (possibly for Metal Gear Solid).

I realized later that you may not have known why I needed to go off to piano, and if you thought it was, “I would rather play piano than talk to you,” then you may have been offended and killed my housemates.
Now you know that piano is almost like a second job and I have some kind of obligation to it for a while.

Actually, I had the day off Tuesday and I played so much (over 5 hours) I sprained a finger (even though my keys are very lightweight and have awesome snap-action). Although my keys are very light and snappy, if I keep playing like this, my fingers will get fatter than someone’s who plays a real piano.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby SztringzS » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:27 am

No idea how high-end the graphics card is.

The monitor seems pretty standard and maybe I would plan on getting the same kind or similar. Big expensive monitors are a waste of money and space. How much was it?

To answer your question, SztringzS, I get 50% of the profits brought to this company via my engine (since it is my engine), which will be about $1,000,000 per year in about a year when we release it as a stand-alone middleware package. Now it is only about $100,000 per year or so, since we only use it internally on our game products.

However your donations are always important!

L. Spiro

ok dude i promise ill donate when i turn 18, my parents are super rich
Kind of ironic huh? Cracking a patcher. Maybe if I get some free time, I'll patch this patcher and then make a patcher with this patcher to patch your patcher!

check out my colorful Thread ! - http://memoryhacking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6382

SztringzS
I Know My Poop

Postby SztringzS » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:10 am

im in need of a new pc myself, this ones starting too ware out.. its still jsut as fast but when u bump it the screen flashes etc

SztringzS
I Know My Poop

Postby g3nuin3 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:12 am

L. Spiro wrote:Out is how I will check it.

By the way, in case you were disappointed/offended/scolded like a woman at my abrupt departure from our last conversation, I realized that you may not know the importance of piano right now so I realized you may have thought I just suddenly got bored and wanted to wander off.

As much as I enjoy piano as a regular hobby, the 3-5 hours per day I put into it is not just for the love of it.
I am overdoing it to prepare for my upcoming meeting with Mr. Hibino, who composed for Metal Gear Solid 3 (among other things).
I shall have a one-on-one meeting with him later this month. I will play piano for him. I suppose I will be judged. And if it works out, I may play some piano part in one of his future compositions (possibly for Metal Gear Solid).

I realized later that you may not have known why I needed to go off to piano, and if you thought it was, “I would rather play piano than talk to you,” then you may have been offended and killed my housemates.
Now you know that piano is almost like a second job and I have some kind of obligation to it for a while.

Actually, I had the day off Tuesday and I played so much (over 5 hours) I sprained a finger (even though my keys are very lightweight and have awesome snap-action). Although my keys are very light and snappy, if I keep playing like this, my fingers will get fatter than someone’s who plays a real piano.

L. Spiro

no offense taken, i am the master of ditching a conversation, and i completely understand the fact that some people dont sit in front of the computer for hours to chat :) i chat when i need some down time from doing other things anyways, and so should all of you kids, being on the computer too long affects your social life! Get our there and be physical! Play ball! learn to an instrument! Join the Marine Corps! Join some sort of Club or simply go outside in the sun!..

My attempt to recruit. Please use me as a reference if you do decide to join the Armed Forces. thx.
g3nuin3
Acker

Postby qjqqyy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:23 pm

seriously, try this computer

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) processor (80586)
RAM: 32MiB RAM (runs windows 95 and DOS)
GPU: Standard Super VGA Graphics Adapter
HDD: 1.5 GiB HDD (FAT16)
GUI: Windows 95
Sound: Sound Blaster 16 or AWE-32 or Compatible
Made by speedwing

qjqqyy
Been Around More

Postby L. Spiro » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:05 pm

That is pretty nice. I can not go quite that high-end, but I have the almost-final specs for my computer here:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-975 processor Extreme Edition (4 cores/8 virtual cores) ~3.33GHz.
RAM: 12,288MB.
Hard Drive: 2TB.
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 x2 (SLI)
or
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 300 x1
Sound: I do not know the name of it but it is similar to the HT | OMEGA Claro Halo XT card, but more expensive and higher-end.
Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows XP Pro.

The overall price was about $4,500.
Even the cable that connects my sound card to my YAMAHA MOTIF XS 7 is $100, and it is just a cable. Nothing is cheap these days.
Speakers will add a few hundred, but those will come later. I have no room for them now and if I had them I would bother the neighbors.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby toffey » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:35 am

Looks like a great setup. If you want to drop it down a bit I know that the step below the Extreme Edition processors will usually bring you down about $400-500 without a huge performance drop.

Also, for the GeForce cards I've always had nothing but great support from EVGA and XFX. A few years back one of my XFX cards ran into some heating problems and they immediately sent me a newer card that was currently running the same price that I had bought my older card for. I also believe that both of them have great long-term warranties if needed. XFX is a Double-Lifetime warranty, meaning that you have a warranty for it for your entire lifetime and if you sell it to someone else they also receive the warranty for a lifetime.

What are the specs for your motherboard and RAM?
toffey
Hack-Master Hex

Postby SztringzS » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:44 am

toffey wrote:Looks like a great setup. If you want to drop it down a bit I know that the step below the Extreme Edition processors will usually bring you down about $400-500 without a huge performance drop.

Also, for the GeForce cards I've always had nothing but great support from EVGA and XFX. A few years back one of my XFX cards ran into some heating problems and they immediately sent me a newer card that was currently running the same price that I had bought my older card for. I also believe that both of them have great long-term warranties if needed. XFX is a Double-Lifetime warranty, meaning that you have a warranty for it for your entire lifetime and if you sell it to someone else they also receive the warranty for a lifetime.

What are the specs for your motherboard and RAM?

toffey knows my poop? talk about impressive lol..

SztringzS
I Know My Poop

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:33 am

The motherboard is Asus P6T, and the RAM is 12GB of DDR3.
Case is Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby SztringzS » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:43 am

L. Spiro wrote:The motherboard is Asus P6T, and the RAM is 12GB of DDR3.
Case is Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX.

L. Spiro

o shit nigga nice pc

SztringzS
I Know My Poop

Postby qjqqyy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:11 am

qjqqyy wrote:seriously, try this computer

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) processor (80586)
RAM: 32MiB RAM (runs windows 95 and DOS)
GPU: Standard Super VGA Graphics Adapter
HDD: 1.5 GiB HDD (FAT16)
GUI: Windows 95
Sound: Sound Blaster 16 or AWE-32 or Compatible

i still like this computer
btw i5 removed hyperthreading
in some ways it is better
HT causes overheating
if you want to use i7 it is recommended that u use water cooling
for me, a 80586 is enough
maybe a 80486DX
and there are server OS'es that ran on a 8088
Made by speedwing

qjqqyy
Been Around More

Postby toffey » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:39 am

Great choices, though I've heard that some people have had problems with the P6T when running multiple cards in SLI/CrossFire. Mainly heating issues due to the layout that it has, but I've always loved Asus boards. Look into the specific model you are going for just to make sure so you don't hit any problems after purchasing.

Good picking with the case as well. You can't go wrong with that Antec.
toffey
Hack-Master Hex

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Unrelated