Final Decision: New Pc

Technical Discussions not Related Directly to MHS. For Example, Coding, Hex Editing, General Hacking, Etc.

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat

Final Decision: New Pc

Postby g3nuin3 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:23 pm

Alot of factors have contributed to my absence around, but one of the main reasons is that on my main PC (LAPTOP) i run an AMD processor and it seems its a pain trying to get MHS to fnction properly on it(and various other programs id like to use), so without further a due, i will be building a custom Intel based Desktop because i had no problems, and further more ill be using Windows XP as my primary OS, ALTHOUGH i have reserved a copy of Windows 7 because i like the Operating System, its very fast and responsve and will be compatible with XP apps, so MS says :) But i am back momentarily and plan to release and start testing MHS again..

L.Spiro whats up when are you gonna come to Okinawa!? take a break man!
g3nuin3
Acker

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:56 pm

Why do I have to do all the work? Why not come to Tokyo?

Anyway I am also building a new computer next week and I have no budget, so post the specs of the computer I should get (open invitation for all).
I do not care if it costs $5,000 or $10,000. My current plan of action is to just walk into the store and say, “Give me the most/best/biggest of everything,” but I need to know if I am actually getting the best of everything.

My current plan (but I have not verified that this computer is possible):
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ [Insert Fastest Number]GHz (8 CPUs, more if possible)
Memory: 12284MB RAM
Hard Drive: 8 TB Total
Video Card: [Insert Fastest Card Here, SLI-Linking Possible]
Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro (or anything with digital/optical in)

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby SpeedWing » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:14 pm

L. Spiro wrote:Why do I have to do all the work? Why not come to Tokyo?

Anyway I am also building a new computer next week and I have no budget, so post the specs of the computer I should get (open invitation for all).
I do not care if it costs $5,000 or $10,000. My current plan of action is to just walk into the store and say, “Give me the most/best/biggest of everything,” but I need to know if I am actually getting the best of everything.

My current plan (but I have not verified that this computer is possible):
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ [Insert Fastest Number]GHz (8 CPUs, more if possible)
Memory: 12284MB RAM
Hard Drive: 8 TB Total
Video Card: [Insert Fastest Card Here, SLI-Linking Possible]
Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro (or anything with digital/optical in)

L. Spiro

@ L.Spiro
if you want let's say the best video card that will be avaible, wait for the Nvidia GeForce 395 GTX. it will be about 700 US dollars, but what ever.

@ g3nuin3
Windows 7 is stable for me, it is quick, works decent, I love the maximizing of windows.
SpeedWing
Defragler

Postby L. Spiro » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:47 am

I can not wait. I have to have a new computer next week.
If new junk comes out later I will just upgrade.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby SztringzS » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:20 am

get the roadrunner LOL

whats that 200 million dollars?
Kind of ironic huh? Cracking a patcher. Maybe if I get some free time, I'll patch this patcher and then make a patcher with this patcher to patch your patcher!

check out my colorful Thread ! - http://memoryhacking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6382

SztringzS
I Know My Poop

Postby L. Spiro » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:36 am

It was estimated worth $133,000,000, until they realized it runs Linux, dramatically dropping its value to a mere $133.

I need something I can actually use for games and high-end music production.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby SztringzS » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:19 am

i was reading something on google about a computer going into brontobytes.. prolly fake

anyways what about that whole earth simulator 2 thing ? dont you live in japan or something like that?
Kind of ironic huh? Cracking a patcher. Maybe if I get some free time, I'll patch this patcher and then make a patcher with this patcher to patch your patcher!

check out my colorful Thread ! - http://memoryhacking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6382

SztringzS
I Know My Poop

Postby SztringzS » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:21 am

L. Spiro wrote:Memory: 12284MB RAM

have fun finding that man, LOL

look :O

The MC9S12DG256

Features
16-bit HCS12 CPU
Upward compatible with M68HC11 instruction set
Interrupt stacking and programmer's model identical to M68HC11
Instruction pipe
Enhanced indexed addressing
Multiplexed External Bus
Memory
256K byte Flash EEPROM
4.0K byte EEPROM
12.0K byte RAM
Two 8-channel Analog-to-Digital Converters
10-bit resolution
Two 1M bit per second, CAN 2.0 A, B software compatible modules
software compatible modules

im just throwing you ideas man, so please dont insult me if i say something stupid lol

SztringzS
I Know My Poop

Postby g3nuin3 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:27 pm

Why do I have to do all the work? Why not come to Tokyo?

Because im in the military which means im in a modified version of jail, although i will be making visits to Tokyo on Holidays :)

No matter what you build you will never have the best pc because there is always something new unfortunately :(. Anyways tigerdirect is a good place to look for the latest and best priced hardware.
g3nuin3
Acker

Postby L. Spiro » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:05 pm

I am not looking for the best. This is just a temporary until I am situated enough to buy my real machine.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby SztringzS » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:03 am

L. Spiro wrote:I am not looking for the best. This is just a temporary until I am situated enough to buy my real machine.

L. Spiro

i jsut have a random question.. are you like rich? lol

SztringzS
I Know My Poop

Postby troublesh00ter » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:10 pm

I'm not really into CPU/GFX hardware atm but... you say preferable 8 CPU's or more: is that even commercially available? If so, then probably two Quad-Core CPU's I suppose?

Since money is no objection I would definitely consider an SSD(Solid State Disk) hard driver for the system partition. They are much much faster since they have no moving moving parts like a traditional HDD. The size of these HDDs was limiting but recently some larger volumes have come out(which you pay tons for but well, you said that didn't matter).
So a 250 GB SSD HDD runs you at about 500-600 euros.
64 GB is around 150 euros.
troublesh00ter
Sir Hacks-A-Lot

Postby g3nuin3 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Hey,

So i have my new PC now!

On a budget this is what i got for under 2000

Quad Core i5 Processor
750@2.67Ghz (overclockable ;))
4 GB RAM

GPU:
Asus EAH4770 512MB GDDR5

500GB HDD.

And this Huge HAF 922 Case.

Monitor:
HP 2159m
This monitor is BEAUTIFUL!
g3nuin3
Acker

Postby SztringzS » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:48 am

g3nuin3 wrote:Hey,

So i have my new PC now!

On a budget this is what i got for under 2000

Quad Core i5 Processor
750@2.67Ghz (overclockable ;))
4 GB RAM

GPU:
Asus EAH4770 512MB GDDR5

500GB HDD.

And this Huge HAF 922 Case.

Monitor:
HP 2159m
This monitor is BEAUTIFUL!

wow nice, everything tops what i got except your monitor lol

SztringzS
I Know My Poop

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:26 am

I am so behind on the hardware side I don’t know what any of it means.
Never even heard of i5. I thought there was only i7.

No idea how high-end the graphics card is.

The monitor seems pretty standard and maybe I would plan on getting the same kind or similar. Big expensive monitors are a waste of money and space. How much was it?

To answer your question, SztringzS, I get 50% of the profits brought to this company via my engine (since it is my engine), which will be about $1,000,000 per year in about a year when we release it as a stand-alone middleware package. Now it is only about $100,000 per year or so, since we only use it internally on our game products.

However your donations are always important!

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Next

Return to Technical Unrelated