[HELP] - files wont open!!!

Technical Discussions not Related Directly to MHS. For Example, Coding, Hex Editing, General Hacking, Etc.

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat

[HELP] - files wont open!!!

Postby SztringzS » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:29 am

i have downloaded several hacks .exe and when i open them a command prompt opens for half a second then closes... virus scan done.. no good .. registry fix scan done .. no good all av's turned off... no good... what can i do! please help me..

also if this info helps i download a .exe file reader and it said

Error!<Step: Examining debug info>

Precompiling Resources...
03.10.2009 00:07:17 : Errors detected! Opening file in SAFE MODE...
03.10.2009 00:07:17 : Done.

help me out.
Kind of ironic huh? Cracking a patcher. Maybe if I get some free time, I'll patch this patcher and then make a patcher with this patcher to patch your patcher!

check out my colorful Thread ! - http://memoryhacking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6382

SztringzS
I Know My Poop

Postby L. Spiro » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:08 pm

There is a file somewhere that will not open.
Some other file ran and showed the command prompt.
A virus scan was finished on something and showed either something or nothing.
For some reason all anti-viruses were turned off.

What exactly is the question?

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby SztringzS » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:15 pm

my executable files wont open and i need to know why they wont, they just show a cmd pop up like i said, for example

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WG0G5DWH

a ryl hack posted by a member in ryl hacking section.

so my question is WHY WONT THEY OPEN?
Kind of ironic huh? Cracking a patcher. Maybe if I get some free time, I'll patch this patcher and then make a patcher with this patcher to patch your patcher!

check out my colorful Thread ! - http://memoryhacking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6382

SztringzS
I Know My Poop

Postby L. Spiro » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:49 pm

Clearly some of your executable files are opening, so only a class of files are not opening.
It may be helpful to indicate which files are not opening.

Log as the administrator of your computer.

And do not download hacks from untrusted sources.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby SztringzS » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:24 pm

sql injectors, bruteforcers, hacks, patches for games, games them self...

all of these wont execute..... sometimes my computer gives me a blue screen right when it boots because i think maybe important .exe files arent loading either half the time..

SztringzS
I Know My Poop

Postby L. Spiro » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:23 am

Download ComboFix to a removable thumb drive.
Run.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby SztringzS » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:51 am

L. Spiro wrote:Download ComboFix to a removable thumb drive.
Run.

L. Spiro

tried it didnt work, i saved all my HDD and formatted, works now =) c ya around.

thx for your help also

SztringzS
I Know My Poop

Postby L. Spiro » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:26 am

If I had known reformatting was such a care-free process for you I would have mentioned that first.
That is the fix-all solution but most people tend to try to avoid it at all costs.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Re:

Postby SztringzS » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:45 am

L. Spiro wrote:If I had known reformatting was such a care-free process for you I would have mentioned that first.
That is the fix-all solution but most people tend to try to avoid it at all costs.

L. Spiro

Unless u get the rare Basic Input Output System Virus =D

SztringzS
I Know My Poop

Re: [HELP] - files wont open!!!

Postby CoMPMStR » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:07 am

Sounds to me like you got infected by a rootkit. With all the BSOD screens and shit not working; not to mention no viruses found. It seems like the most logical problem seeing as how most rootkits, especially newer ones, are undetectable by most AV programs.

I tested one out awhile back. I downloaded a video file which was in WMV format, which I knew was invalid from the beginning. I opened it and it said I had to visit a site to download some codecs to watch the video, the thing was that the codec message was from the video itself and not a popup box (so that means the video is already playing... this is what confirmed that the video was fake). I downloaded the codecs and scanned the exe with AVG, nothing showed up. I double clicked on the exe and something happened too fast for me to even see what it was. After I restarted my PC, I couldn't burn discs (it wouldn't recognize my burner saying I didn't have proper access right), plus a few websites I went to told me I was infected. I reformatted my PC and everything worked fine after that. The short version is that even though your AV software says you don't need to be worried about a file, it's not safe to open one from an untrusted source just as L. Spiro said. Especially so-called hacks for online games... they can steal your account info and allow the creator to "hack" your shit.

There are other tedious methods to removing rootkits (like using software similar to HijackThis or Rootkit Revealer or even gmer), but the reformatting is usually the best one and less time consuming. Next time make sure the MBR hasn't been infected by the rootkit or a reformat might not even help.

.NET Trainer Helper Library

~Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

L. Spiro wrote:In my left hand is a red pill. If you take it I will show you the truth. I lost my right hand in the war, so I’m afraid you’re stuck with the red pill.
CoMPMStR
(P)ot (I)n (M)y (P)ipe

Return to Technical Unrelated