Dumped .exe crashing

Technical Discussions not Related Directly to MHS. For Example, Coding, Hex Editing, General Hacking, Etc.

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat

Dumped .exe crashing

Postby Cookie » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:20 am

Ok so my main target is a dekaron.exe launcher its packed using UPX and has no anti-dump protection,I've dumped it with Olly/LordPE and restored the IAT /fixed dumped file using IMPRec,everything went smoothly untill like 10-15 mins after I launched the game with it,the game launcher was deparenthised so there wasn't a need for a shortcut launcher,also ,imprec can only recognize that you entered a possible oep,so I shouldn't depend on it ,but I must,thing is this happens to every .exe I dump lately,and as I am still not pro at this,I wonder if it's the way I dump it or just a side effect of dumping the exe..
Cookie
Hack-Master Hex

Postby g3nuin3 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:05 am

The problem seems to be with the IAT, sometimes imprec will think it has done right but you should actually verify youve actally made a valid dump. Recheck your IAT
g3nuin3
Acker

Postby Cookie » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:23 am

My problem was the packers,looks like it had molebox too,removed that and worked just fine ,I can modify everything in the exe again,even removed GG.
Cookie
Hack-Master Hex

Return to Technical Unrelated