Mixing Multiple Audio Sources

Technical Discussions not Related Directly to MHS. For Example, Coding, Hex Editing, General Hacking, Etc.

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat

Mixing Multiple Audio Sources

Postby Calimaw » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:43 am

I'm not quite sure where to begin really, but what I'd like to do is play a sound file (format doesnt matter, in this case we'll use WAV) over my microphone, yet be able to talk as well.

I have two audio devices, SB X-FI, and onboard.

If any of you ever played Half-Life 1 you may have played Natural-Selection, and may be familiar with a program that would play audio in the game from a few files.

I don't know how something like this is done. If mixing what Im saying with the target sample to be played real-time isnt possible, I'd like to atleast be able to play a file on a dedicated line; where no other audio mixes with it at all (in game sounds for example).

If some one can point me in the right direction or knows of a site with information please do.
Calimaw
Hackleberry Fin

Postby SpeedWing » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:45 am

this might be the tool you are looking for

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/Mstudio_win95/

it is freeware btw.
SpeedWing
Defragler

Postby Calimaw » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:28 am

Excellent, I'll check it out.

Thank you.
Calimaw
Hackleberry Fin

Postby Calimaw » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:05 am

That's not what I had in mind, I was probably unclear (almost certainly) on what I was trying to do.

I want to play a sound file over a 'virtual' line, so that I can source it to other programs that take microphone input.

Still appreciated, I think Ill give this program a look at any how, might be another tool to put on the belt.
Calimaw
Hackleberry Fin

Return to Technical Unrelated