In Need of a Little Direction...

Need Help With an Existing Feature in Memory Hacking Software? Ask Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

In Need of a Little Direction...

Postby Slayzer » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:52 am

Hi everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read this topic. I've been using MHS for over a year now and must admit that it is one hell of an impressive piece of software that has sparked my own fledgling interest and studies in programming languages. My props and thanks go to L. Spiro first and foremost. Now moving onto my issue. I've casually played a 2D, side scrolling, Beat-em-up style MMO for just as long and it was easy enough to find a boolean value that controlled whether your character was in a state that would allow you to be vulnerable to damage or not. All I had to do then was lock it at 0 for false and be on with my day. Now after a recent patch, it no longer seems to be possible to find that address value. I've personally been running address scans for a true/false byte, hex string searches for something similiar to what the address used to be, and combing through large memory chunks manually for about two weeks straight now. Either the method is different or, as it's been possibly hinted at, it's no longer a 0/1 byte. If the publishers of the game have switched the value to operate on a different level, how would I go about searching anew for it? I thought that if it was now acting on a timer like fashion, then simply searching for a range during invincible frames or for change should suffice, but so far, no luck. Could it be something that's coded now or controlled by different values in multiple addresses, and if so any thoughts from you all on how best to continue on in my search? Thanks again for any assistance you all could provide.
Slayzer
I Have A Question

Re: In Need of a Little Direction...

Postby L. Spiro » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:45 pm

Firstly you need to ensure that in their patching they did not add an anti-cheat that is blocking MHS.

After that you simply need to use creativity. A value that indicates invincibility. Only so many ways it can be handled. Nothing to point out that will inspire awe.
Generalize your searches more.
Don’t search for 0 back to 1 back to 0. Search for Unknown, Different from Before, Same as Original, Different from Before, Same as Original, etc.

If it normally operates on a timer, it is common for games to set a floating-point value to the number of seconds in the timer and decrease it. Once it is below or equal to 0.0 the ability wears off.

All anyone can say is to generalize.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Return to Help