I think I need a complex address tutorial link (reading java

Need Help With an Existing Feature in Memory Hacking Software? Ask Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

I think I need a complex address tutorial link (reading java

Postby throw » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:48 pm

Hi,

I am trying to read (only read no writing) some double values out of some software. I can find the addresses of the values I need, but after a few minutes the addresses change.

I think I need to create Complex Addresses instead of just trying to use the address from the search results, but I am not sure if that would help me or not? could someone advise if this would help me with the changing addresses, and point me to a tutorial about how to do this if there is one.

The software I am trying to read from is a java program and I have been attaching to the "javaw.exe" process.

Many thanks.
throw
I Have A Few Questions

Re: I think I need a complex address tutorial link (reading java

Postby L. Spiro » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:18 am

Java runs in a virtual machine and trying to hack through that to get to the virtual addresses where it stores values would be more hell than anyone can endure.

I have never heard of anyone having success with that.
But if you are up to the challenge you need more than a Complex Address.
First you must find the core of the Java virtual machine. From there you need to follow pointers a bit, then come to a table full of strings.
It is a hash table so you have to be prepared not only to scan an array but also traverse a linked list.
Follow each entry in the table (there could be hundreds of thousands) and match strings until you find the variable named what you want.
Along with the variable there will be a pointer to its actual value.

A Complex Address, while amazing, cannot handle all of this.
You need to write a Script Address.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Re: I think I need a complex address tutorial link (reading java

Postby throw » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:28 pm

Hello L. Spiro, Thanks for the reply and clearing that up.

I dont think I understand how the Java Virtual Machine works enough to be able to do what I want.

I have noticed the address I want to read, changes after about 10 minutes, but then if I find it again, it seems to remain stable for several hours.

Ive also noticed some patterns in the address's. I think I will try and search for the address with a script, and have some kind of test to see if the address have changed, then if they have changed start a new scripted search to get them again.

Thanks for making MHS 8)

BTW: I was going to put these in suggestions for you. Two functions for LSS that could be useful:

char* SystemTimestampToString(int Timestamp)
int StringToSystemTimestamp(char* StringTimeBuffer)
throw
I Have A Few Questions

Return to Help