Why value can't be locked & Can't find pointer ?

Need Help With an Existing Feature in Memory Hacking Software? Ask Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Why value can't be locked & Can't find pointer ?

Postby Jay » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi, all, I am newbie here. Sorry if I do any mistake.
I have a problem here

I try to find base address Max mana. When i have find the address using search & sub search, i found this :
05E1AAAC = 141 ( Mana )
05E1AAB8 = 141 ( max Mana )

I add the address 05E1AAB8 to table mhs & I change max mana value to 150 & I locked it, i use skill to decrease mana. But when mana increase, sometime change to 141, & sometime change to 150 . Is this correct address ??
How could i find the right address, so, i can lock the value of mana ?

I try scan with pointer seach from 05E10000 to 05E1AAB8, and found hundreds of address.
I had " Find what access to this address " one by one ( stupid thing i do ), nothing happen in auto hack window. I think the address is wrong.
I do two method of white hat & Josse tutorial, but i couldn't find the right pointer.

Why max mana value can't be locked & i couldn't find the pointer ?
How could i find the right address, so, i can lock the value of mana ?
I am stuck in here, i had tried for months, my head is hurt, headache.

Any clue, hint, i grateful for it.
Pls help me.
Sorry, i don't know how to upload image to this board ( post ). Can't copy & paste image to board.

Thanks for your attention & your kindness.
Regard,
Jay
I Have A Few Questions

Re: Why value can't be locked & Can't find pointer ?

Postby Windshadow » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:42 am

What it means is that the value for mana is server sided, not client sided. Therefore it doesn't do anything if you freeze it.
Windshadow
Acker

Postby WhiteHat » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:07 pm

If it is an OnLine game, Windshadow’s answer is most likely the case. You can’t merely change Mana in OnLine games for it is ‘server-sided’. If we can do this easily, then the game is doom...

Building Pointer Trails/Complex Addresses can be very easy or very hard. That’s why most people try to avoid to do it. The two methods in tutorial section to find ones are the only methods i know of. And, IMHO, one thing we should really consider before building Pointer Trails/Complex Addresses is to make sure if the addresses work...
.. to boldly go where no eagle has gone before...
WhiteHat
Elang Djawa

Postby Jay » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:06 pm

First, thanks to reply my post & warn me if there is forbbiden word or any mistake i do or ask too much question.
Correct me if i do any mistake for explanation.

Client side ---> server side--->client side .....

Yes, i think, we can't change server side, cause it can crush the 9am€.
But, i think, we can do something with client side, we do something with client side, and we sent packet to server side, and server side read and send the packet back to client side. We make server side think value is correct. Corret me if i'm wrong.

Do you mean, value can't be change & can't be fr€€z€d.
I can surely said that value in 9@me 0nl1n€ can be fr€€z€d. Why ??
Because i had already found this when i play in the 9@m€ 0nl1n€.
I found the player that fr€€z€d his H1t Po1nt. I had hit him several time but his H1t Po1nt doesn't decrease a bit.
This is why i believe that value in 9@me 0nl1n€ can be fr€€z€d.
So, I want to find, test & do experiment for it. But i don't know how to find it, the address isn't correct ?

I found suspicious address, when i do find what access to this addres.
The address like timer. But i don't know this is corect address or not.

This is my experiment :

Address 05E1AAB8 is the Max MP

I do Pointer search 05E18000 to 05E1AAB8, and I have 242 result. ( The highest offset is 9872 in dec & the lowest is 0 in dec ), I had found two address suspicious :

i think 064475E4 & 0646E8B0 (offset 2310 in dec ) is suspicious address, because has timer.
064475E4 only timer but the current value is blink ( change ), and when I change value in game, nothing happen or change.

0646E8B0 more suspicious because, new addres pop out when I change the value in game. Is this the correct address ??
If the value can't be locked then the address is wrong ?? this is i want to make sure.

Sorry for ask too much question
Pls help me,
Any hint or clue, i appreciate it.
Thanks for your attention & reply
regards,
Jay
I Have A Few Questions

Postby WhiteHat » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:19 pm

That was lots of questions, but i think it’s okay...

Jay wrote:Yes, i think, we can't change server side, cause it can crush the 9am€.
In my understanding, we just simply can’t. It won’t do any harm to the server at all. On the contrary, the risk is ours if the game somehow can detect such illegal activities...

Jay wrote:But, i think, we can do something with client side, we do something with client side, and we sent packet to server side, and server side read and send the packet back to client side. We make server side think value is correct. Corret me if i'm wrong.
If we are sure about some values for being client-sided, then we don’t really have to worry about packets. The hacks/cheats will work anyway. We may need to use packet editing for different purposes...

Jay wrote:Do you mean, value can't be change & can't be fr€€z€d.
I can surely said that value in 9@me 0nl1n€ can be fr€€z€d. Why ??
Because i had already found this when i play in the 9@m€ 0nl1n€.
I found the player that fr€€z€d his H1t Po1nt. I had hit him several time but his H1t Po1nt doesn't decrease a bit.
This is why i believe that value in 9@me 0nl1n€ can be fr€€z€d.
So, I want to find, test & do experiment for it. But i don't know how to find it, the address isn't correct ?
That’s a real mess. If the game leaves the handling of such important values (HP, MO, etc) to clients, then the game is doom... Think about it: what if everyone lock their HitPoint ? Everyone is become immortal and any kind of weapons or skill will be completely useless. Then what’s the point of the game? The only way to kill them is to find the address of your damage and lock it to a value that is much higher then their current HP...

However, i’m not saying that it is impossible...

Jay wrote:I found suspicious address, when i do find what access to this addres.
The address like timer. But i don't know this is corect address or not.
So, you are able to attach debugger to the game? That’s really useful...

Jay wrote:This is my experiment :

Address 05E1AAB8 is the Max MP

I do Pointer search 05E18000 to 05E1AAB8, and I have 242 result. ( The highest offset is 9872 in dec & the lowest is 0 in dec ), I had found two address suspicious :

i think 064475E4 & 0646E8B0 (offset 2310 in dec ) is suspicious address, because has timer.
064475E4 only timer but the current value is blink ( change ), and when I change value in game, nothing happen or change.

0646E8B0 more suspicious because, new addres pop out when I change the value in game. Is this the correct address ??
If the value can't be locked then the address is wrong ?? this is i want to make sure.
It is good of you to post such detail, but please understand that it is almost impossible to give the precise suggestion out of it... However, from a quick look of it, i think you should focus on the 2nd suspicious address since the first one seems a fake one...
.. to boldly go where no eagle has gone before...
WhiteHat
Elang Djawa

Return to Help