Problems with changing address!

Need Help With an Existing Feature in Memory Hacking Software? Ask Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Problems with changing address!

Postby Crixalis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:03 am

Hiho, I'm quite new to game hacking / reverse engineering.
But I'm really fast at learning ;)

I figured out the address where is located the gold value in a UT2004 MOD. But everytime I connect to new server or create a own game this address changes.
I've read some about pointer and DMA (incl. tutorials) but I think I need help :/

The first problem is when I change value in MHS and reopen game nothing happened and when I minimize back to MHS value autochanged to the real game value.
Is there a kind of write protection?!

Addresses are for example 0x05860DE0, 0x0E58CDE0 and 0x144185E0. Module textfield is empty. Tried to search a pointer with the tutorial on this site and got same results at expressions field like in the tut explained.

But what I have to do?

When I change value for ammo is changes ingame but buggy. The displayed value is 9999 for example but my real ammo is 10 bullets.
Crixalis
I Have A Few Questions

Re: Problems with changing address!

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:30 am

You are changing the display value which is updated every frame. Find and lock the real value to gain infinite ammo.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Crixalis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:37 am

L. Spiro wrote:You are changing the display value which is updated every frame. Find and lock the real value to gain infinite ammo.

L. Spiro

Now value in MHS doesn't change but ingame my gold behaves normal. And there is a new addy again :/
Crixalis
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:58 am

Why don't you follow the tutorials and create a Complex Address that can keep track of your value for you?
Then you can quit bothering to waste time searching for it every time.

If the value is not changing, lock it. All of the memory is going to be writable.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Crixalis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:13 am

Already read this thread. But when I have built my complex adress, what I do then with it?
Using the address from expression result?

What is my final address when I have done it? I want to create a hack with VB after found the final address.
Crixalis
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:46 am

I do not know what you are supposed to do with your Complex Address; you did not explain what you did and what you got.
You did not show the Complex Address.

If you have a real Complex Address then you need to add it to the Use Complex Address box and check the option to use it (overriding the Simple Address).

You can not easily port a Complex Address to Visual Basic. You have to hardcode it.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Crixalis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:31 pm

My Complex Address is [[005805C4]+0x0C0]+0x09C. But I think it's a wrong address because I didn't consider the engine.dll module at my second offset.

I will post as soon as possible what I have done. Then you will maybe better understand my problem :)
Crixalis
I Have A Few Questions

Return to Help