Which settings for max stability of attached process?

Need Help With an Existing Feature in Memory Hacking Software? Ask Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Which settings for max stability of attached process?

Postby allandee » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:23 am

For starters: newbie-alert!

I'm currently doing the pointer-chase in Darkfall, and the client occasionally crashes on me. Not sure its due to MHS, but this hasn't happened when I've not been using it. Also, there is no pattern in /when/ it crashes. Seems random. Crashes are expensive, because queue times are often several hours, so I want to reduce them. It's only the Darkfall client that crashes, never had MHS or system crash.

Going through the options-dialogue:

"Hotkeys, Env. Vars, Programs, Script" - Irrelevant, I imagine

"General" - everything at default

"General Search" - I have unchecked "Pause Target Process", everything else default. (The "Anything Readable" checkbox is greyed out here.)

"Kernel" - Custom functions both enabled, can't remember if this was default

"ACC" - Nothing enabled

"Disassembler" - Default, and I haven't used it, only done simple reading

Moving on to what I do: Open the process in (restricted mode doesn't work), do various searches, storing some results to the found list, renaming them, using the expression evaluator, and running some simple scripts that just do incremental searches and dump some information with "PrintF"

So, what do you figure? Am I just seeing ordinary client instability? Are there things I can do to reduce the chance of my using MHS messing it up?
allandee
I Have A Few Questions

Postby CodeMaster.Rapture » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:30 am

You could attach a debugger (such as MHS or Ollydbg) and see why it is crashing. It might shed some more light on the situation.
CodeMaster.Rapture
Hackleberry Fin

Postby allandee » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:35 am

Certainly, but I was hoping there was some well known settings for max stability, looking for the easy way. :p Problem is that restarts are expensive, today I sat 4 hours in a queue after a crash. Takes time getting anywhere like that. :)
allandee
I Have A Few Questions

Return to Help