MHS crash game Babo Violent when attaching debugger, how to

Need Help With an Existing Feature in Memory Hacking Software? Ask Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

MHS crash game Babo Violent when attaching debugger, how to

Postby vibrio » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:00 am

make it work with BV2. This other software CHeat engine can attach the debugger successfuly. The modify itself was try but no difference. Ollydbg also crash the game.

Or How can i change the windows caption of the disassembler. I try hex editing it but did not find the string? Because my next test was that.
vibrio
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:35 am

Find out why it does not work and I can make it work.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

to find why it crash ,that is kind of tough....

Postby vibrio » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:33 am

"Find out why it does not work and I can make it work."

to find why it crash ,that is kind of tough....

you mean like opening from the start with MHS disassembler and looking at the instructions? and look for an exception?

Well the last thing i get is this Image

I have discovered that that memory in the picture is from module user32.

Now i have discover this:

ImageImage

So if i change the compare to 0 [cmp eax,0] then the detection is off. At least this one.

Yes the detection is off but it still crash in MHS, strangely is does not crash in Ollydgb (Ollydbg most be doing something because in MHS it said that is not the same length the changes i made). It also crash if I patch the exe in hex editor. So it maybe...
vibrio
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:16 pm

It sounds as though you are crashing it by making invalid modifcations to the code.
The picture you post proves that MHS can indeed attach to it via the debugger. If you get a warning saying that code sizes do not match it means you are using the regular Assemble command and adding/changing code.

In which case you need to manually select the smallest code in MHS so that it does not overwrite any following code.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby vibrio » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:14 am

L. Spiro wrote:It sounds as though you are crashing it by making invalid modifcations to the code.
The picture you post proves that MHS can indeed attach to it via the debugger. If you get a warning saying that code sizes do not match it means you are using the regular Assemble command and adding/changing code.

In which case you need to manually select the smallest code in MHS so that it does not overwrite any following code.

L. Spiro

Problem Solve if I change the jnz to jmp. Now the disassembler works in MHS.
vibrio
I Have A Few Questions

Postby Sychotix » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:58 am

IsDebuggerPresent is pretty self explanatory -.- Btw... for ollydbg you can get a(n) addon(s) to prevent detection from those minor things.
Sychotix
Been Around

Return to Help