Dissassembler Mov address to itself?

Need Help With an Existing Feature in Memory Hacking Software? Ask Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Dissassembler Mov address to itself?

Postby Ereb » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:35 am

Ok i've read the tutorial on complex addresses and the debugger. http://www.memoryhacking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2695 And it has worked for finding a few addresses, but i hit something it didn't touch on. I am working on finding the targets health in an mmorpg (rappelz) and i get the idea on how it is done, pointer to a pointer that contains a pointer to the struct with that particular creature's data. However when i work my way up the pointers i run into this.
Code: Select all
MOV     ESI, DWORD PTR [ESI]
I remember stumbling upon this problem in Cheat Engine's forums, and that one has to find what was stored into the register X number of lines above. Unfortunately i'm stumped i've looked at the disassembly but i can't seem to figure out how to find what i'm looking for in the next pointer.

I included a couple of images.
ImageImage

Sorry if this is posted anywhere else on the forums i searched but i didn't have an exact idea what i was looking for[/code]
Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."
Ereb
Hackleberry Fin

Postby L. Spiro » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:58 am

ESI is set right there, on address 0x0072D11D: MOV ESI, DWORD PTR [ECX].
ECX was set just above it as a copy of EAX.
So once you figure out how EAX was set, your address (to this point) is:
[[EAX]]

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Naje » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:32 am

Hi,

I also play Rappelz, and I'm also trying to get Mob HP. I'm facing the same problem.
Using the tutorial, I found a complex address, but when I target a new mob everything change to "Unresolvable" in the expression evaluator except some of the last pointers.
After a while I found the same thing as you, maybe with a higher level pointer :

But know I don't know how to find what I'm looking for.
If you have found the way to get Mob HP, maybe you could explain how you manage to do that.

If you want I have complex address for player lvl/mp/hp/position, pet Hp/mp, Mob lvl/name.

(Sorry for my poor english, I hope you understand me)
Naje
I Have A Question

Return to Help