Adding an offset to value of a pointer

Need Help With an Existing Feature in Memory Hacking Software? Ask Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Adding an offset to value of a pointer

Postby vigilant » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:42 am

I have just discovered your AMAZING software and am totally blown away by what a great job you've done! I've been using a few other memory hacking tools to explore Grand Theft Auto...they're great tools...but yours is much better. And, your included documentation is incredibly well-written and clear - it really clarified some things that I couldn't quite grasp from other online 'tuts' i found. I'm really impressed and thankful for the hard work you've put into this! Thank you!

of course there's a but...it is the Help subforum after all :wink:

I'm most interested in the player block, which is dynamically assigned each time the player is spawned. I have a pointer that points to it, and from there player coordinates are (of course) another static offset. The question is, how can I have MHS remember these exact locations (value of pointer + offset)?

And/or can I recommend this being included in the "Modify Address" dialog? In MHSDemo 19.3 there is an option to do offsets from a base module, but it would be nice if you could just plunk in a pointer's address there instead.

Either way I'll keep exploring and learning with your invaluable tool. Thanks again. :!: :!: :!:
vigilant
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:50 am

The latest version is Demo #19.Q, but I think Demo #19.3 also has this.

Read the help file section Modifying Values/Address Modifications.

The part of interest is the Complex area.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby vigilant » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:37 am

doh. :roll:
I hadn't noticed that each version was shipping with an updated help file.
I had kept referring to the older version.
Thanks for the quick answer, brackets were what I was missing.

..and the [ ] bracket operators, which indicate that after the value inside the brackets is determined, that value should then be considered an address inside the target process and the value at that address should be obtained.

Again I'll say thanks for your time.
vigilant
I Have A Few Questions

Return to Help