Wolf Conquest : Wolf Conq Guide by Minorutono *updated4/18*

Social Discussions Related to WolfTeam

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat

Wolf Conquest : Wolf Conq Guide by Minorutono *updated4/18*

Postby minorutono » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:24 pm

The Flash Drive that contained my Sniping Guide is lost, but I'll find it sometime.. For now though, I'm going to start a new guide. Wolf Conquest Guide.

This is all for humans. I always play as humans and I suck with wolves, so there is no point in me writing for anything except humans.

~~ More coming later ~~
Updated 4/18. Added : Weapon Config Guide (Weapon slots, grenades, pistols) + 2 new lure methods (7 and 8)
Updated 4/17. Added : Luring Guide

I put these in quotes so it'd be easier to see when one article ends and the next begins. I wrote these all with zero help from anyone, so don't think these quotes mean I'm quoting someone.

Feel free to distribute this to your friends, but I'd like you to Credit me. It doesn't matter if you don't credit me (though i'd like it please) as long as you don't credit yourself or anyone else.

Weapon Config wrote: Weapon Configuration
Step one of anything is to be prepared. In this, I'll go over optimal weapon configurations, and everything else you'll need to go into battle ready.

I ) Weapon Configuration. The classic Wolf Conquest battle sets are as follows :
Slot 1, Basic : eMp-3 Shotgun; eM-16; eM-4; Stout Sniper
Slot 1 : With slot one, you want to have your best basic weapon, excluding Mp5 or Z3. Both are fine against humans, but they lack the power needed in Wolf Conquest. Remember, if you run out of WP during the fight, you'll have to work with just your basic.

Slot 2, Low WP Cost Gun
: FANAS, Pi-90, AKEIS74u-F, AKEIS47 pt, Shotgun (eMp3 or Supas)
Slot 2 : Slot 2 is your Low cost gun. You want a gun under 500wp that you can whip out as soon as you can. All you have to do is capture 2 bases and you'll have virtually enough wp to get any of these guns. This is the one that can come out right after your first death, or one that you can use to get kills to obtain wp to get your slot 3 or 4 gun.

Slot 3, High WP Gun / Heavy Hitter Gun : EF2000, XEM, M14, M60, Classic/Gold AK
Slot 3 : Many people just use Ef2000 and Xems because they are familiar with these guns, and thats fine. I recommend M14 or M60 with extended magazine because you'll want to be able to deal serious damage to Guardians. Many people's weapon sets are great until they have to fight guardians, and this remedies that.

Slot 4, Misc, Specialized, Fun Weapon : RL-2, M60 Sniper, I-115t (awp), <Your favorite gun here>
Slot 4 : Put whatever you want here. Its up to you, really.

II ) Grenades. Grenades are multi-purpose. Of course you can hit people with the grenades, but each one does something else..

- Learn the difference in sound the grenades make when they hit someone as opposed to when they do not. If you know this sound, you can use a grenade to check to see if an enemy is hiding where you think they are. Just throw the grenade at the location and listen to the sound it makes as it explodes. If it makes the 'hit' sound, then you know there is someone behind there. If it doesn't, then they aren't there, and you've narrowed down your search by one place.

- Grenades push when they explode. You can use a grenade to temporarily push an enemy from behind cover.

- Not only Frag nades deal damage. The MK5-G and the MK5-EG are designed to deal maximum damage when they explode, but Mass Grenades and Red Grenades also deal some damage when they hit, plus, they each have their own nasty little special effect (pushing or pulling, respectively).

Here is an overview of each grenade and its purposes going into Wolf Conquest.

Mk5-g : Standard Grenade. Its OK against wolves. If you don't want to buy anything, just equip these.

Mk5-Eg : Upgraded Fragmentation Grenade. Basically a better version of the standard.

Mass Grenade : This is useful for three things in Wolf Conquest. You can block off entrance to an area (giving you time to capture a base), you can push Wolves away from behind boxes or away from a base capture zone, but best of all you can trap a Wolf behind a box with one of these. If you throw a Mass Grenade and get it to detonate next to a box & wall (or corner), and a wolf correctly, you can pin the wolf against the box and the wall (or corner), and he won't be able to move, letting you come in and make mincemeat.

Red Grenade : Reds are great for lagging an opponent, and finding enemies. All grenades will make a different sound when they actually hit someone – letting you know they're in the vicinity, but a Red grenade will slightly pull invisible stationary camping ghost wolves, making them move, and therefore visible.

Smoke : I don't think smokes help much in Wolf Conquest. There are applications, but those can mostly be done with a Mass grenade, as its hard to see through a Mass grenade, which is the purpose of using a smoke (hard to see through). Don't try to use it to cover your movements, because if a human and a wolf just flail around without seeing each other at close range, the wolf will probably win.. I guess smokes could be a distraction, but thats about it.

III ) Pistols. Some pistols work great against wolves, many do not. If you are going into Wolf Conquest, I'd suggest one of these pistols being your sidearm.
[ Desert Eagle, Pi-226, Criss ]
The M1911 and USF are fine pistols, but these work best against other humans, and not so well against wolves. Disregard my advice if you prefer one of those pistols, that is perfectly acceptable..

Desert Eagle : This gun offers a solid punch and high wolf damage, but its low sides are it only has 7 rounds/clip, it fires slowly, and it has high recoil. But this gun is powerful. It can 1-hit KO headshot, so if you're pro at pistols, this one is for you.

Pi-226 : The Pi-226 was introduced late in the game, and its a mix between the USF and the DE in my opinion. This gun is powerful enough to go against wolves (not as much as DE), but it has fairly low recoil and a 12 round clip, which is very useful.

Criss : Having this gun is like having a mini-mec11 submachine gun as your pistol. The Criss is considered by some as 'noob', because it fires fully automatic. I personally don't care. The Criss is a wonderful backup gun if you are sniping and need some fully auto backup power. There are also upgrades available for the Criss, such as a 2-burst. If you have the money, and don't mind being called a noob sometimes, I recommend the Criss.

Luring wrote:Article I : added 4/17
Luring

Luring is the act of pretending something to draw out an enemy. This is most useful for when you need to get an enemy out of hiding – like if he is behind a box that you cannot maneuver around without exposing yourself to danger. I've found many types of lures over my career of Wolf Conquesting; and I'm going to share them with you...

1)The Jump-Back. How you do this lure is quite simple in words, but hard in practice. What you do is move towards the box or object your enemy is hiding behind, either pretending to not know if he is there OR as if you're going to rambo-style reckless attack. You need to get close enough so that to him it seems like you are in range for his jump + right claw attack. In reality, you are just beyond his range (you have to learn to judge how far you need to be). The wolf will think that he can get you, anticipating that you will continue moving forward, and he will attempt to strike at you. At that point, you either move or jump backwards out of the range. He is now out in the open and moving towards you, so it should be simple to dispatch him from there.

2)The False Grenade. What this is is quite simple as well. Noone likes getting nades thrown at them, and many wolves will evacuate their current hiding spot to find another if they are about to be grenaded. Typically, they will jump and right claw to some other place – either that or they'll wall run to somewhere else. If they are behind a box, grenade them, and they'll probably move. So what you do here is fake that you're going to throw a grenade, and hope they make a preemptive maneuver to get away, therefore exposing them from their shelter. How you do this is you switch from your main gun to a grenade, prime it (click and hold), aim, jump, and act as if you're about to throw. Instead, press Q to go back to your main gun, and attack if they jump out. [Note : If they do not fall for this, then act like you're about to throw the grenade 2x or 3x . Then on the fourth, actually throw it. This should catch them off balance and you'll probably get a good grenade hit]

3)Ammo Lure I. There are many ammo lures, and this is the first. This one can be used by itself, but its best to persuade an enemy that won't respond to a normal 'Jump-back'. When you see the enemy, fire ½ to 2/3 of your clip off. Then get them to come out – probably with a JumpBack (best not to use a 'false grenade' because the illusion comes best when you keep the same gun out [you have to go to grenade for 'false grenade'] ). They'll think you are out of ammo, which will bolster their confidence. And yet you still have enough shots in there to take them down.

4)Ammo Lure II. Here is another ammo lure. In this one you'll act as if you ran out of ammo on your primary gun. If you've been firing a lot of shots (vs a guardian or thru a box [penetration] ), it'll be most believable. You can either go to pistol, or fool around with your primary gun like you'd do if you didn't have any ammo left. Another thing you can do (I don't like this, I think its lame, but it seems to work) is say into public chat something along the lines of “I need ammo im out” or “dammit im out of ammo”. Depending on how convincing you are, you'll boost enemy confidence that they do not need to be hide behind a box to kill you / win the game.

5)Ammo Lure III. This is a recent one I made up. I find it works best with slow-reloading guns ( ie eM-60 ). Fire of a little bit of your ammo 1/3~1/4 about. Then start reloading. This usually gives enemies confidence – many attack while you reload. They think it is their chance, so they come out. Then what you do, instead of waiting for reload to finish, is press Q twice to quickly pistol switch then go back to your main gun. It won't be reloaded, but it'll be ready to shoot (as if you never started reloading it) and you can fire with the 2/3~3/4 of your clip you still have.

6)Blind Spot Lure. I found myself making this up and using it often. Very useful. Many times wolves will wait behind a box, and then once you go out of their sight ( like backwards from C to get into the tower in Paien lab ), they'll run to somewhere closer or better strategically. So what you do with this lure is you just act like you're backing up (actually turning yourself around helps the illusion), give them a second to start moving, then turn back around and fire at them.

7) Base Capture I. Another great way to lure out wolves is to act like you are going to capture a base. Wolves seem to tend to feel the need to defend their bases from being captured more so then you might think. So you can either actually capture the base, or you can just pretend to, then jump-back when they come out.

8) Base Capture II. To capture a base, you have to be at the base. This gives away your location. Or rather, it shows where you were 1-8 seconds ago, depending on how much of it you captured. When you start capturing a base, the icon for it starts blinking. It will stay blinking until it reaches the top (it captures) or if you go away and the base goes back down to the bottom (still neutral). If you spend 7 out of the 8 or however many seconds, and then you leave the base will stop going up and start going back down (back to neutral). In the time it takes for the base to go back to neutral, the base icon will still be blinking, it continues giving the illusion that you are still at that base. So that gives you 1-7 seconds where the enemy thinks you are in one spot, while you actually are moving around behind them or whatnot.

What are people saying about Minorutono's Wolf Conquest Guide? Critics are raving about it. Here are some testimonials :
HyackDragon wrote: ... nice guide Minorutono xD

Hitman wrote:Nice.. Thx for the Guide Mino.. This will be usefull for all of us here.. :wink:

JB Gzn wrote:...work wel for me ... nice guide ...

Lol.
Last edited by minorutono on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:17 am, edited 7 times in total.
minorutono
i R t3h nUB!!111

Postby HyackDragon » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:26 pm

most time i sux with human because , the wolf are proz [lol] [like silver bars and +] {im self gold bar =.= }

normaly if there is a fair team i pwn in both mode's , human either wolf.

Btw nice guide. Minorutono xD

u said u one of the best players [i mean high rank in WT]

why you wast your time at ''hacking'' sites ? :roll:
HyackDragon
Probably Popular

Postby Hitman » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:45 pm

Nice..
Thx for the Guide Mino..
This will be usefull for all of us here..
:wink:
L. Spiro wrote:bummybum, stop spamming/making useless posts

Made By aldis
Made By SpeedWing
My Latest Own Siggy
Hitman
Pro++

Postby JB Gzn » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:35 pm

5/6/2 work wel for me, never tried the other ones yet. nice guide though
ImageImage

famous wrote:What's worth the price is always worth the fight

famous wrote:Every second counts cause there's no second try
JB Gzn
Pro++

Postby minorutono » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:17 am

^ ^..

@ JB
1/2/3/4/5/6 work for me! Its funny watching the wolves jump out when I lure them. And they never learn. They just keep trying to get me. Its hilarious.

@ Hitman
Thanks.. I'm working on the other parts of the Wolf Conq guide.. Making the Preparation part right now.

@ Hyack
I'm almost a double silver bar (captain) rank. But I love forums. My old forum I used to obsess over was BattleWolf.net, until 'eLeCtRiC' closed it (that loser). I waste my time at hacking sites cause I enjoy hacking other games.. Its very interesting, and I'm learning alot.
minorutono
i R t3h nUB!!111

Return to WolfTeam