(How-to-Hack) Risk Your Life 2 - RYL2

Hacking Risk Your Life

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, Hitman, toffey

(How-to-Hack) Risk Your Life 2 - RYL2

Postby toffey » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:38 am

So I have yet to find any guides on hacking the game Risk Your Life 2 (RYL2) so I thought I would share the information I have gained so far. I will be updating/editing this post with new/updated information whenever I gain it. This guide is currently covering hacks such as:

Hack A - Changing Your Name In Chats (Commands such as /c, /e, and even public chat)
Hack B - Changing Skill Delays (The duration that you cannot cast a skill)
Hack C - Editing Item Stats with Normal Merchants (Purchase 4k items from the merchants)
Hack D - Putting Items in Any Slot (Swords in boot, glove, armor, etc. slots)
Hack E - How to Bypass GameGuard

So lets go ahead and check out Hack A. I apologize for this inexact way of doing it, but I know that this way will work and I am not yet aware of a better way (Please feel free to let me know of any quicker/better ways of finding these values). So here is the step-by-step guide for changing your Character's Name inside of the chat box.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Hack A - Changing Your Name In Chats

Notes:
- This hack will only change your name in Public Chat, /c Chat, and /e Chat. Sending messages in /s Chat (PM) will show your character's actual name.
- This hack does not change the name above your head, only the name displayed in the chat box and the name displayed above you when chatting.
- This hack is easy to track since a server's Chat Logs will still contain your account info.

Step 1: Preparation
First off, you will need to be running Gameguard Rev 545. To check which version your game uses you must start your RYL2 Client. Once you have gotten to the screen for you to Login with your ID and Password, press the Windows Button or Alt-Tab so you can see the Task Bar. Move your mouse over by the clock and Click the arrow pointing Left to show all. You will see an blue icon with a yellow shape looking over it that looks somewhat like a " ^ ". Place your mouse over this icon and it will say "nProtect GameMon Rev ____" The ____ is what version of Gameguard that is running. If you are above version 545 then you may download the files for version 545 here. I use the RYL2 Reunion client so the GG_Hosts.exe may not work correctly for all other servers (I haven't tried it on other servers so this is just a warning). To change your GameGuard version back to 545 you will need to download the .rar and Open the folder inside. Once that folder is opened you will see a "Gameguard" folder, a few files with various file extensions, and a GG_Hosts.exe file. You will need to Extract ALL of those files into your "...\CIB\RYL2" folder. Overwrite All old files (Make backups if you wish), then run GG_Hosts.exe. The next time you run the game it will be using GameGuard version 545 and it will not update (so far so good on the not updating, it's been quite a few months that I've used it)

Step 2: Using MHS to find your name
Open your game and start up MHS. Then open process "Client.exe" in MHS (Using GG rev 545 allows it to show up on the "Main Procceses"). Once opened we are going to use "Search > String Search" and make sure it is set to ASCII, then search for your character's name. If Iuse a Archer named -KillerArcher- then I would search for -KillerArcher- and then press OK. You will see a list of addresses show up in Found Addresses that show your name. Double click all of them that show your name. There should be quite a few.

Step 3: Using MHS to change your name
Now that we have a list of addresses to use we will begin to find the ones that will change what it is that we would like to change, that being our name on the in-game chat. To do this we will double click the first address that we have and change the "Cur Value" to whatever new name we would like. Ex: If I wanted to change my name from -KillerArcher- to I'mAHacker then we would type "I'mAHacker" in the "Cur Value" box then press OK. Now since we have more than 1 address that we found, this first one we changed may not be the magical address. So go into your game, type a message in the chat, and see what name it shows. If your name is still -KillerArcher- then go back to MHS and try the next address that you have. Repeat this until you find the address that, when edited, changes your name in the chat. You have now successfully hacked your name.
Note: If you change your name to a shorter name such as changing "-KillerArcher-" to "GM01", your name may change to "GM01lerArcher". To fix this I found that typing "\0" at the end of your name will terminate the name where you insert that, so naming yourself GM01\0 will cause your name to show as simply GM01. If you still have letters/symbols after adding the [color=blue\0[/color] then try a name such as GM01\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0

I will do my best to try and find a way to change the color of your name in chat as well, and help is definitely appreciated on this.

Hack B - Changing Skill Delays

Step 1: Preparation
Same as above.

Step 2: Using MHS to find the skill's delay
First off you will need to know that for this hack my example will be a Warrior using the skill knows as Slight Attack/Forceful Blow (It's the All Nation skill usable with melee weapons to deal damage). You will also need to know that Skill Delays are set to "0" when they are ready to be used, and after they have been used the "0" will change to (Delay Time in Seconds x 1000). Therefore if the skill has a Skill Delay of 8 seconds it will show up as "0" when it is ready to be used, then after you use the skill it will change to "8000" and count down by 1 all the way down a value of "0" again. It doesn't count slowly though, it will change from "8000" to "7999" to "7998" all the way down to "0", but it will be doing counting down at 1000 every second. (hope that makes sense, image it as a timer showing 8 seconds as 8.000, then counting down) Now, open RYL2 and MHS. Then use MHS to open the process "Client.exe" as before. Once you have done this then we are going to do "Search > Data-Type Search". We are going to change the value in the Data Type box to "Short", and the value in the Evaluation Type box to "Unknown" then press OK. Next, we will go to "Search > Sub-Search" and change the Search Type box to "Same as Before". This will eliminate any values that have changed since the search we did previously and since we haven't used the skill yet it is still "0", therefore it will not be eliminated. Now the next thing we do will require some amount of speed to be able to switch from the inside the game back over to MHS in order to hit OK quickly. So what we are going to do is, in MHS, go to "Search > Sub-Search" and change the "Same as Before" to "Different from Before", but DO NOT press OK yet. With that Sub-Search window still open we will Alt-Tab back to the game, and use our Slight Attack/Forceful blow skill. Immediately after we will Alt-Tab to the Sub-Search window and press OK. (What this step is going to do is eliminate any values that have not changed since our previous search, and since we used our skill the value changed from "0" up to "8000" and began to count down. This is why we need to be quick with the step, if we are too slow (8 seconds for the value of 8000) then the "8000" could count down to "0" and the value would be eliminated because it did not change). Now we will wait for the Skill to be ready to use again (meaning the value is again 0) and then do "Search > Sub-Search" do "Different from Before" and press OK. This will elimate some more values. Now, we will open "Search > Sub-Search" and make sure it is still on "Different from Before", but again DO NOT press OK. Go to the game, use Slight Attack/Forceful Blow, Alt-Tab to MHS and press OK. Wait for the skill to be ready to use, go back to MHS do "Search > Sub-Search" and "Different from Before", then repeat until it starts to eliminate a very small amount (I usually stop once I am around 500-900 results).

Step 3: Finding the Skill Delay Address
Now that we have a smaller list on the Found Addresses box we are going to try and find the Skill Delay for our Slight Attack/Forceful Blow skill. To do this we will again be alt-tabbing pretty quickly in and out of game. So, go into the game and use Slight Attack/Forceful Blow then Alt-Tab to MHS and look at the current list of values. See if the any of the "Current Values" are counting down from "8000" to "0" (Remember that 8000 is based off the 8 second skill delay from our example). If you found the value that is counting down then double click it so it shows up on the right, and then skip this next part and go to Step 4. If you did not find the value then click the list of addresses and press Page Down on your keyboard (just scroll down if that isn't available, I just find Page Down easier). Then repeat the step, go to the game, use the skill, alt-tab to MHS and try to find the value counting down from "8000" to "0". If you found it then skip to the Step 4. If you did not find it then you made a mistake somewhere along, and I am sorry but you will need to start this process over.

Step 4: Changing the Skill Delay Value
Okay, now that we have the correct address we will want to edit it so that we don't have to wait those long 8 seconds, am I right? I thought so :D . Now we will double click the address we have located so it brings up that awesome little box that will do all the dirty work. Once we have that box opened it will be on the first tab called "Main" which is where we want to be. If you somehow got off of that tab already then please navigate your way back by clicking the "Main" tab on top of this small box. Find the box bloe to "Value When Locked" called "Exact Value" and change it to "0". Now, right above that box is a little checkbox that says Locked (Intermediate Check Leaves Item Locks As They Are regardless of what it says, just check the box and then Press OK. The value is now locked at "0" which means you can simply hold down the Right-Mouse Button and your Slight Attack/Forceful Blow will cast non-stop. Although it will drain the shit out of your mana since you are using it so much. If you want to be able to toggle the hack then go to "Tools > Hotkeys" and make a New one for with the Key set to whatever you wish, the funtion "LockStoredAddresses", Hotkey key (Parm 1) to 0, and set Toggle (Parm 2) to 1 and you are good to go.

Keep in mind that these are simply addresses and not Pointers, so each time you change Maps in the game, or exit/reopen the game you will need to start over from step 1. To learn how to find the Pointers (I am struggling with it on this game) please refer to this tutorial.
If I made any mistakes please let me know, no point in a guide if it is teaching the wrong things! Also, if you had any trouble or even if you had this work please leave a post here.

Hack C - Editing Item Stats with Normal Merchants
(Credit goes to Patrick for the tutorial)
The pictures and other items that are referenced in this tutorial can be downloaded here.
Patrick wrote:Tutorial for 4k Bug items...
first u need Cheat engine [or MHS].
if u dont got it download it here
http://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php
[ http://www.memoryhacking.com/download.php ]
and click on this button (picture name: dowload button)
if u installed it then start it
then start ryl2 and open cheat engine [or MHS]
u will gonna see this (picture name: 1.process)
after u did that step u selected the process "client.exe" thats the ryl2 .exe
then (picuture name: 2.Text) change the value search to Text search
after that (picture name 3.NPC Name) type the weapon or armor merchant
name in it but make sure u opened it before and dont changed anything like bought or
sold anything.... then press "First Scan" it will take maybe 5 seconds...
after that u will get many adresses with the names pick the first 1
mostly its green...
go with your cursor over and press rightlcik (picture name: 5. memory) and select
"Disassemble this memory region" click on that and a window will top up
with many many numbers
then do rightclick like this (picture name:search memory) and
write the CORRECT item name down (picture name: item search)
after that u will see something like a totally weird word string
go and scroll a little bit down till u cant see the item name anymore
then u gonna see many 00000000000 and when u go more down u see "04" (picture name:04)
which is every important and now will come the time to edit something
(picture name: 9.unedited) look at that"! then u see just some numbers thats unedited
now look at that (picture name: 10. edited) then u gonna see that i changed some "00"
to "20" the 20 makes it to 4080 or 4095 its random... then go to shop
but DONT REFRESH and buy it (make sure u got more then 1b in your inventory)
then buy close cheatengine [or MHS] and go FULLY out of game... loggin and have fun

For a full discussion about this hack visit this thread. Please use that thread for questions directly related to Hack C, and don't forget to read through all of the posts in the thread to make sure your question has not already been answered.

Hack D - Putting Items in Any Slot
(Credit goes to Petani for the tutorial)
Petani wrote:What u need gg rev 545 & MHS Software

GG Rev 545
Link Remove

Replace hosts in this zip file in this location C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

NOTE: This trick only work on human side only = weapon 1 hand

1= Use string search then search weapon that u wanna put in any slot

2= After u find view in hex editor

3=Change 05A541D4 to 05450D4 ure address sure not same like me
Just change last 3 digit only

4=Change 0B to another code that i give down here .. for example change 0B to 42 in Hex editor.. weapon that u edit can put in Ring slot

Code
Glove CON = 05
Boots CON = 06
Con Armor = 07
Con HELM = 08
Necklace = 41
Ring = 42
Shirt = 01
Tunic = 02

For a full discussion about this hack visit this thread. Please use that thread for questions directly related to Hack D, and don't forget to read through all of the posts in the thread to make sure your question has not already been answered.

Hack E - How to Bypass GameGuard
(Credit goes to matbotak for the tutorial)
matbotak wrote:First..U Need RYL Coder..
http://www.mediafire.com/?dw04awizwnj

Follow My Steps
:D

After that...Go File>Save...
Now Try launch the Game...

For a full discussion about this hack visit this thread. Please use that thread for questions directly related to Hack E, and don't forget to read through all of the posts in the thread to make sure your question has not already been answered.

Thanks for reading my guide, I hope you enjoy it. :twisted:

Links/Files (incase you missed them):
Gameguard Rev 545 (Let me know if it needs to be uploaded again)
http://rapidshare.com/files/145415307/GG_Rev_545.rar.html

Tut Pointers/Complex Address!! - Tutorial
http://memoryhacking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2592

Hack C Screenshots/Reference Files
http://www.badongo.com/file/16942958

Hack E File - RYL Coder
http://www.mediafire.com/?dw04awizwnj

Risk Your Life 2: Reunion Private Server
http://www.ryl2reunion.com
Last edited by toffey on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
toffey
Hack-Master Hex

Postby Petani » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:00 am

good work xD
Petani
I Know My Poop

Postby uknowme » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:36 pm

Dude i made stuff with gg and i still cant see client.exe, im trying it on ryl1 server.
uknowme
Hackleberry Fin

Postby Hitman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:00 am

uknowme wrote:Dude i made stuff with gg and i still cant see client.exe, im trying it on ryl1 server.

yep...i tried to search for client.exe for ryl torment but couldnt find it...
:roll:
L. Spiro wrote:bummybum, stop spamming/making useless posts

Made By aldis
Made By SpeedWing
My Latest Own Siggy
Hitman
Pro++

Postby uknowme » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:04 am

i tried to rename client.exe to csrss.exe at ryl dir, because it launcher csrss first then it launcher client.exe, but i get error that i patcher wrong and get dc.
uknowme
Hackleberry Fin

Postby SpeedWing » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:37 am

nice guide man, imma try it.
SpeedWing
Defragler

Postby toffey » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:44 pm

Please read carefully, the GameGuard files have only been tested on the RYL2 Reunion server. They may not work correctly on other private RYL2 servers or any RYL1 servers. Although I would guess there is a much higher chance of it working with other RYL2 servers than it working with RYL1 servers.

You can also go to Open Process and try selecting Client.Exe from the list of All Processes. It can be opened once you are inside the Open Process window already. Hopefully this clears up a few issues.
Last edited by toffey on Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
toffey
Hack-Master Hex

Postby uknowme » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:07 pm

toffey wrote:Please read carefully, the GameGuaed files have only been tested on the RYL2 Reunion server. They may not work correctly on other private RYL2 servers or any RYL1 servers. Although I would guess there is a much higher chance of it working with other RYL2 servers than it working with RYL1 servers.

You can also go to Open Process and try selecting Client.Exe from the list of All Processes. It can be opened once you are inside the Open Process window already. Hopefully this clears up a few issues.

and you think i didnt tried it? :P, it does work work with ROW client
uknowme
Hackleberry Fin

Postby toffey » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:01 am

uknowme wrote:
toffey wrote:Please read carefully, the GameGuaed files have only been tested on the RYL2 Reunion server. They may not work correctly on other private RYL2 servers or any RYL1 servers. Although I would guess there is a much higher chance of it working with other RYL2 servers than it working with RYL1 servers.

Which is the ROW Client? And I assume that you resolved the issue you were having before?
toffey
Hack-Master Hex

Postby uknowme » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:27 am

toffey wrote:
uknowme wrote:

Which is the ROW Client? And I assume that you resolved the issue you were having before?

with row go all processes, with ryl1 i cant find it, well petani knows hot to make it
uknowme
Hackleberry Fin

Postby uknowme » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:49 pm

are yu still able to use 545 gg rev? it seems like it cant connect to teh servah
uknowme
Hackleberry Fin

Postby Hitman » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:11 am

i dont need hacking atm...
coz the RYL1 private server doesnt need hacking...~
hehehe...

so if the server that im playing closes down...
then i will play Torment again...
and will try hacking..

^^

Made By aldis
Made By SpeedWing
My Latest Own Siggy
Hitman
Pro++

Postby shinnsohai » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:14 am

Its Weird Right?
RYL Its Such A Old Game.
Why Din't Those Hack Server Sided
Are The GM DUMB?

(What Make We Feel Like Game Guard is noob?Too Many Source For Bypassing It?)

*WOOT WOOT *
I Being Crazy Lately

-To The Right To The Right :arrow: :arrow: -
-šнιηηšσнαι-
shinnsohai
n00b

Postby Hitman » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:29 am

shinnsohai wrote:Its Weird Right?
RYL Its Such A Old Game.
Why Din't Those Hack Server Sided
Are The GM DUMB?

(What Make We Feel Like Game Guard is noob?Too Many Source For Bypassing It?)

*WOOT WOOT *
I Being Crazy Lately

-To The Right To The Right :arrow: :arrow: -

it is an old game...
but its fun to play..
^^

-To The Left To The Left <- <-

xD

Made By aldis
Made By SpeedWing
My Latest Own Siggy
Hitman
Pro++

Postby ILikeToHack » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:33 pm

Can tell how to Write whit orange text???

:lol:
ILikeToHack
I Have A Few Questions

Next

Return to Risk Your Life