Question -_-

Hacking CABAL Online

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Question -_-

Postby flappy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:22 am

Okay so, when i go into the game and start hacking for example say i would like to change my level. So i get the address change it to 100 and boom Im level 100 in the game but, for some reason when I relog everything gets changed back. But during gameplay Cabal BELIEVES i am level 100 for a few reasons.

1. When my friends look on friends list I am level 100.
2. All monsters around me are now all Gray (like they would be to a level 100)
3. It says i am level 100 and I am allowed to use anything that is 100+

BUT,

Also with the experience thing, I found out my Sword Skill EXP and Magic Skill EXP and I edited it to something higher than it was in the game like it was at 8k and i edited it to 180k, so everthing i hit something my level went up (trying to catch my EXP up to 180k) well when i relog again it gets taken away, If i try and use the Skill Points I recieved from those levels I get DCed. SO i know the game believes it when i edit it since I am gaining skill points from it.

So my question is How do i bypass this character check thing that keeps resetting all of my stats on me? and disconnecting me from the server? Do i jsut find out whats writing the value I am currently trying to edit and delete it or something? I havent really had time to mess with this considering i only have one arm to play with =/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Im going to go and find my values again since the .lssave got erased somehow or i lost it lol

flappy
Been Around

Postby emocore » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:08 am

I can say they are getting better handling hackers.
looks like all of points ure talking about is stored in server side.
yes u may hack your client but still they need to communicate with the server,some of them related to server.

Let say, U may sent packet to server to raise your skill stats, but the thing is (from what i know) , the packet contain no values. They just tell the server that player did something. Or some 'unreadable' packet that will makes u DC.

Whitehat wrote:For illustration about what mean of the packets:
It would not likely say like this: “The player has raised the skill
stat from 8 to 9.”, instead it would likely to say like this: “The player
has clicking the skill Increment button once...”

At the first packet, there is a possibility for us to hack the value to 100
instead of 9. But it is impossible to do so in the second packet...

I have no idea how to bypass all of these, since i believe all the packet were nicely encrypted. U may need to hack the server itself to get it done, and u may go to Jail with that.

PS: i edit a bit what Whitehat sent to me, to help u get the rough picture.
Its not helping i know, just some clarification on some things,which is yet revealed.
emocore
Been Around More

Postby snipper » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:00 pm

Player level, money are serverside.
If u hit a monster -- server->server_check->DB->read_your_level_from_db...
Same with exp and so on.

In your client you are lvl 100 ore more and monsters are gray but if you send packets to server, in most case ... server_check
snipper
I Have A Few Questions

Postby flappy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:13 am

So what im getting out of this is the stats on my computer (the ones i edited) are not the same as the ones stored in the server. Which is what makes me disconnect.

But what im asking is there a way to Bypass this server check?

flappy
Been Around

Return to CABAL Online