[Tutorial] A Proper Method to Changing Your IP Address

Hacking WolfTeam

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo, Explicit

[Tutorial] A Proper Method to Changing Your IP Address

Postby tahayassen » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:44 am

Notice: Read this tutorial, and then watch the following video if you still don't get it.

YouTube - How To Change IP Address Using Broadband & Linksys Router

Well, this has been requested multiple times, and since the rest of these tutorials are crap, I might as well post this guide.

How to Force a Change in the IP Address by Changing the MAC Address

You will need a ISP that provides you with dynamic ip addresses.

If you are using a router, you will need access to the gateway. If you are using a direct connection, you will need to have the ability to change the MAC address of the adapter you are using. If your adapter does not support that, you can use software such as AiroWizard (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=38AR1MKQ).

Find the MAC address you are currently using, and store it somewhere safe. Look at the last two digits of the MAC address. You can change any of the digits, however, you should only change those two. Change them anywhere from 00 to FF.

Now, you might lose the connection to the internet. There are many ways to fix this. You can do the old fashioned ip flush/ip renew BAT method. Or there is a function in the router that will allow you to automatically do it. Or you can disconnect the router from the modem, and reconnect it.

Here is a script to the BAT I was talking about above:

Code: Select all
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew
PAUSE

Congragulations! As soon as you finish renewing the ip address, you should connected to the internet with a new ip address!

MAC Addresses are based on Hexadecimal.

0 = 0
1 = 1
2 = 2
3 = 3
4 = 4
5 = 5
6 = 6
7 = 7
8 = 8
9 = 9
10 = A
11 = B
12 = C
13 = D
14 = E
15 = F

Things this can be used for:

1) Ip banning
2) Ip limits (Rapidshare download limit)
3) If you're very experienced, you can change the your ip to one that is from another country. This allows you to go to any site that has country limitations.

I don't want to see this fking leeched on another forum btw. That includes you Hyackdragon.

Also, if I'm not clear enough, tell me where I should emphasize.

EDIT: After reading this tutorial a second time, I have realized that it is very sketchy. You need to be very computer savy to understand, and actually get this working. I will be making either a video or picture tutorial, and I will improve this text to be a bit more specific. I am very sorry about it's messiness; I will make sure I make a better tutorial soon (by tomorrow I think). Until then, I need sleep. =X

By the way, ip changer programs only work for people without a router. This is more focused for people who have a router, or can't get the application to work.

And ffs, don't use proxy programs like HSS. Just don't. There's so many problems with it not even including lag.

SITE NOTE FOR ROUTER USERS/USERS THAT HAVE MORE THAN ONE ADAPTER TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET:

I have seen cases where the company just doesn't ban the MAC & IP address of the adapter/router you were using to access the internet at the time, but also the MAC address of any other adapters. So before you complain, make sure:

1) You changed the MAC address (also changes IP address) of your router/adapter.
2) You changed the MAC address of any other adapters that are connected to the computer. (both wireless/wired)
tahayassen
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Return to WolfTeam