Assigning hotkeys without a mod

Find a Bug? Have a Problem? Like to Suggest a Feature? Do it Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Assigning hotkeys without a mod

Postby greatveemongfx » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:43 pm

is there anyway I can toggle the address on/off by just single key? Because I need to add the mod to make it work.
greatveemongfx
I Have A Few Questions

Re: Assigning hotkeys without a mod

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:52 pm

What do you want to do that cannot be done from the Hotkeys tab on every address in the Main Address List?

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby greatveemongfx » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:13 pm

???? okay! sorry i'm new to this MHS. I just want to lock/unlocked the value with a "+" key without adding ctrl, alt, shift or windows key. the problem that I cannot do it, without the adding a mod key. Can you explain me what are you talking about??? :)
greatveemongfx
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:24 pm

Did you even look?

After pressing the Quick Add (Lock) button a Hotkey will be added to toggle the item with just the + key.
This is fully explained in the help file.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby greatveemongfx » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:33 am

yep. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm playing a game with an emulator. I don't know it's a bug or something. but when I'm trying the other hacking app, it seems work nicely. maybe I need to look for workaround. and sometimes even I delete already the hotkey in options and click ok, it's still remaining in the list after I reopen it.

Oh yeah btw. is MHS can build trainers? If not, how will I turn this address into a code so I can put this in TMK? is unsigned short is 2-byte? and long is 4-byte? and how will I set the value instead of locking it? and is there anyway I can execute the value in key down/holding the key only?
Last edited by greatveemongfx on Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
greatveemongfx
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:44 am

Then use the Polling Method.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby greatveemongfx » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:11 am

L. Spiro wrote:Then use the Polling Method.

L. Spiro

okay I think it's working fine now. only is there anyway I can also lock the value while I just holding the key and then when I release it, it will unlock it.
greatveemongfx
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:51 pm

It is fairly trivial to write a script that runs on a second thread and checks for your key being down and writes the lock value to the address when it is down.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby greatveemongfx » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:36 pm

??? Well I was trying to put it in a racing game. so when I only hold the key, it will going to set it to maximum speed and when I release it. It will go back to it's normal speed. It is just like a Nitro for the game, but much better. So it is impossible?

Oh yeah, how do I turn this addresses into a trainer for tmk?

and finally is there is 3 on 3 match in a game. they have different addresses and the characters is stored based on its value. so if this address is equal to the character that I want to freeze the energy, then the energy address shall freeze. else if the character value is not equal, then no freeze will be execute. is that possible?
greatveemongfx
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:27 pm

greatveemongfx wrote:So it is impossible?

I said it is trivial.

greatveemongfx wrote:Oh yeah, how do I turn this addresses into a trainer for tmk?

No idea. I have never seen your address nor have I used TMK.

greatveemongfx wrote:and finally is there is 3 on 3 match in a game. they have different addresses and the characters is stored based on its value. so if this address is equal to the character that I want to freeze the energy, then the energy address shall freeze. else if the character value is not equal, then no freeze will be execute. is that possible?

With Script Lock, or just with L. Spiro Script in general, this is again trivial.
But if you are comparing by addresses that means you already have the address of the character you want to freeze.
If you have the address of the character you want to freeze, why not just use that to freeze only that character?
Running over a list and making checks only makes sense when you have to identify a character by its data, not by its address.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby greatveemongfx » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:10 pm

tbh. English in not primary language and i'm a noob in scripting. What do you mean by trivial, is this some includes equation? and which is easier the Script Lock or L.Spiro Script? I'm too noob for that. As I said before I'm also new to MHS. Maybe I should reading more in your help file. So can you give me an example of keypress down? Maybe on that, I may understand what do you mean.
greatveemongfx
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:02 am

Trivial means extremely easy.

But actually I forgot that there is no way from scripts to check if a key is down (without creating a custom DLL, which is not trivial).
Just use the toggle function.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby greatveemongfx » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:58 pm

ah. okay, I wish you can add that in the future. It still extremely useful for some games.
greatveemongfx
I Have A Few Questions

Return to Bugs/Problems/Suggestions