Process Load Freeze

Find a Bug? Have a Problem? Like to Suggest a Feature? Do it Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Process Load Freeze

Postby Pz_N- » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:57 am

I go to "Open Process", which lists the main processes. However, I need to view all processes, so I select the "All" button thing. I see it loading up processes because the scrollbar on the right is becoming smaller and smaller, but eventually the entire thing freezes, showing no processes and I'm unable to exit properly. My guess is either it did mess up, or there are really that much processes to load that it takes that long. I don't know if this is normal, because I closed all programs except MHS, and attempted to find all processes, but it froze. I'm using Windows Vista if you need to know.

Edit :
So I wait about 5-10 minutes (is it supposed to take that long?) and it loads up all the processes, but when I select the process I want, it ends up saying "Waiting on <unknown>" and I can't do anything, or it says I need to load up a process before I can do anything.
Pz_N-
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:06 am

That is an unusually long wait. What is your CPU speed?
Looking up all processes with my secret trademark method can take a long time and is very intensive however.
And anti-cheat protections can cause this process to take even longer because of some hooks they install which cause it to do 5 times more work.

You can not open processes that have failed to close properly.
Anti-cheats are always coded poorly and so leave many unclosed processes in your list. If you are trying to open a failed-to-close process you most likely are trying to hack a protected game and that would explain why your list is so slow to load.

Also, it is not compatible with x64 processors.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Pz_N- » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:12 am

Here is the basic information...

Processor : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ 2.11 GHz
Memory (RAM): 958 MB
System type : 32-bit Operating System

Another test I've done is load up all the processes, which take about 5-10 minutes, and look through it, but this time I do notice my program I find. Only problem is there are at least 20 different selections of the same program plus another 20 of the anti-cheat protections, making it difficult for me to select the correct one. If I choose a random one, it will either be renamed as "<unknown>" or I can't really do anything. All I know is the anti-cheat protection is known to exit/close improperly, but that doesn't happen very often.
Pz_N-
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:55 am

Then the slowness is due to the anti-cheat and I can not fix it.

And if it is nProtect Game Guard you just have to wait for me to bypass it before you can hack it.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Fusion » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:19 am

L. Spiro wrote:And if it is nProtect Game Guard you just have to wait for me to bypass it before you can hack it.

How is this going? I know I keep asking and you're working on it, but could you just give some form of estimated date, please?
Fusion
Hacker Smacker

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:25 am

My existing implementation should have already bypassed their protections and I was confused as to why it didn’t.

Last night I found a few flaws with my implementation and that could be playing a major role in the failure of my bypasses.

So it should be done within the year.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Fusion » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:03 pm

...Year?
Fusion
Hacker Smacker

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:49 pm

Well if it is within the next month that would be within the year.
I just want to leave myself some ground for error.

But I hope itis done within the next 2 weeks or there will be a long wait since I will be out of town for a week and a half to attend GDC in San Francisco and then to Japan after that.

But just now I took another look at the nProtect Game Guard hooks and found what is causing my failures.
If this is all there is, I could have the bypass out this week. But we will see if I run into more trouble after I finish this patch-up.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Fusion » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:20 pm

Alright, thank you. Your work is really appreciated, didn't mean to sound impatient at all!
Fusion
Hacker Smacker

Postby Xanatus » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:47 pm

Can't wait for the GameGuard bypass! Will it be possible to attach a debugger to a GG protected game as well with MHS? And does it prevent the GameGuard process checksum checks, too?
Just wondering what will be actually bypassed.
Where there is light, there is darkness.

The good thing about friends in my class is, they can't touch my private members directly.
Xanatus
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:18 pm

In order to get the debugger working I need to add a whole new segment to the anti-anti-cheat system. It will be a while.
It does not prevent checksums because that is a specialized and temporary field of anti-anti-cheat.
Instead, I give the user the ability to do it him- or her- self with scripts. Then scripts can be shared and updated each time a new nProtect Game Guard comes out.

What will be bypassed are the hooks nProtect Game Guard installs that prevent reading/writing the game RAM. MHS already bypasses all of its other major hooks.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Pz_N- » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:27 am

What will be bypassed are the hooks nProtect Game Guard installs that prevent reading/writing the game RAM. MHS already bypasses all of its other major hooks.

Ok, I'm guessing it is completely GameGuard's fault I can't do anything, and anything you just mentioned is probably the issue. MHS does bypass everything else, it just prevents from reading/writing the game RAM, just like you mentioned.

Thanks, I think I'll have to live without hacking for awhile, or wait until your next update.
Pz_N-
I Have A Few Questions

Postby kth_prkns » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:31 am

actually your meant to be able to read/write memory...

L. Spiro wrote:What will be bypassed are the hooks nProtect Game Guard installs that prevent reading/writing the game RAM. MHS already bypasses all of its other major hooks.
kth_prkns
NULL

Postby Pz_N- » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:33 am

Well, I think I confused you. I did mean what you said, but I think what I meant was that GameGuard prevents me from read/writing memory correctly.
Pz_N-
I Have A Few Questions

Return to Bugs/Problems/Suggestions