Code Filter Crashing issues.

Find a Bug? Have a Problem? Like to Suggest a Feature? Do it Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Code Filter Crashing issues.

Postby g3nuin3 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:14 pm

I dont have too much time to address the problem , but here goes.

The Code Filter crashes my game. (Crysis ) I have Restore Breakpoints/Log Contexts set, and im not filtering the Windows/Exported/Guesses Filters. I tracked the problem, and im able to actually fix it without having the game crash ( so the game doesnt HAVE to crash ) the exception seems to be an unhandled breakpoint.
So my guess is the Code fIlter isnt handling all the breakpoints it sets on the functions it logs. Causing the game to throw an unhandled exception crash to debug. The manual fix i did was go ahead and usse my JIT debugger to skip over the unhandled int 3 instruction.

these are the settings:
http://yfrog.com/jlsettingsvj

Also that screenshot isnt when it happend, and there is a module picked if youre wondering. Crysis.exe (although i know most of the stuff happens in CryEngine.dll)

No kernel functions are being used in MHS setting btw. ( they dont work for me at all on my Win7 machine)

oh as i am writing this thread and re-doing it, i see that it isnt just an unhandled breakpoint now i get something else -.-
how irritating. But anyways, yea thats my problem..Just trying to get a new way to hack without(or minimal) searching :) FIX IT!

Edit: so far all the exceptions are recoverable by moving the instruction pointer forward until the game resumes. So at least that's a good thing.
g3nuin3
Acker

Re: Code Filter Crashing issues.

Postby L. Spiro » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:16 am

I've known that the Code Filter causes frequent crashes but could never get any insight into it on my own (primarily due to lack of time).

I had assumed that some breakpoints were being set on misaligned code or on data (causing corruption) but if it seems to be unhandled INT3 instructions then I may have some ideas where to look.

As you know already I have the same game and same operating system. Into it I will look when home I get.

As soon as I find that fucking TAC Cannon.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Re: Code Filter Crashing issues.

Postby g3nuin3 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:00 pm

Ok..When i get home ill have a deeper look and try and track down something..It could also be what you stated because one of the other exceptions was caused by an access violation, and the instruction was a mov
Code: Select all
mov dword ptr:[xxxxxxx], ecx

So im also going to assume thats the deal as well..And like i stated these exceptions are all recoverable by skipping over the EIP ( Another solution is to handle the Exceptions and move the instruction pointer when it happens, although that would be a nasty hack fix that just ignores the problem at hand )
g3nuin3
Acker

Return to Bugs/Problems/Suggestions