[Bug/Problem] Hex Editor Not Working At All

Find a Bug? Have a Problem? Like to Suggest a Feature? Do it Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

[Bug/Problem] Hex Editor Not Working At All

Postby Dyndrilliac » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:55 am

The included hex editor in the newest version of MHS does not work for me at all, it is completely non-functional. I have been trying to change a profile name for one of my Assassin's Creed save game files but whenever I try to save my changes, the hex editor saves the file with each original byte as a null byte (0x00) and loses any extra bytes I may have added in which naturally makes the file unusable. The hex editor worked for me in a previous version of the program but I do not remember which one; I remember using it though to edit save games for Baldur's Gate 2.

File contents before being changed and saved with MHS Hex Editor:
Code: Select all
04 00 00 00 49 00 6A 00 61 00 7A 00

File contents after being changed and saved with MHS Hex Editor (regardless of changes):
Code: Select all
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Also, on a semi-unrelated note, MHS freezes up when I attach it's debugger to the game (Assassin's Creed) and try to set a write breakpoint on the data location where the player's number of throwing knives is stored. However OllyDbg and WinDbg work fine performing the same operation.

I am using 32bit Windows Vista SP2.

Edit: Just to be sure it was a problem with MHS I tried to perform the same task with HexEdit v1.21 and it worked fine, which means it is definitely MHS and not user error.
Dyndrilliac
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:59 am

I will look into it.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Return to Bugs/Problems/Suggestions