Problem: Expression Search and Non-Exact Lock.

Find a Bug? Have a Problem? Like to Suggest a Feature? Do it Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Problem: Expression Search and Non-Exact Lock.

Postby WhiteHat » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:00 pm

These following two reports happens with the newest MHS 5.008 which i downloaded about June 10th, 2009...

Problem with Expression Search.

Actually, i don’t know if following is a bug or a problem regard Expression Search so i just say it as a problem:
I tried to re-trace for static address of a pointer path that no longer worked due newer patch with Expression Search, but after few seconds my PC rebooted (there was no progress in searching bar).

Then i tried the simplest search possible for pointer like [??]==1000, with ?? treated as pointer. The result was the same, my PC rebooted. The same thing happened when i experimentally treated ?? as Unsigned Long.

My PC survived from rebooting only after i treated ?? as Byte. But there were no address found at all no matter how i changed the value ( [??]==x ).

Any other Expression Search which no pointer searching ([??]) involved are run smoothly.

I use WinXP SP2 Home Edition, and as far as i can remember i’ve never got any blue screen at all. My PC runs smooth most of the time, guess there is no problem with my RAM nor processor i think...

Problem/Bug with Non-Exact Lock.

This one pointed by my friend:
He has a float entry in his MHS table, and applied Range/No Greater/No Lower Lock instead of Exact one. Problem was the lock value text was not the same as he input it.

- He put: No Lower than 1.56
- MHS output: “0 and above”

Then i tried similar lock in my PC and MHS output was the same, and apparently same error happened to No Greater Than and Range Lock.

We both use MHS 5.008... I am aware that this probably a minor bug against MHS readability. But still have to report it however. Good thing is that problem seems not to happen with Integer data-types...

Thank you very much in advance...
.. to boldly go where no eagle has gone before...
WhiteHat
Elang Djawa

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:25 am

Disable kernel functions when performing Expression Searches.
There is some location in the kernel that reboots your PC when read.  If I could find it, I would automatically avoid it.  Since I can not, you have to avoid the use of kernel functions when performing that type of search.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby WhiteHat » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:54 am

It works now... Thank you !

:)
.. to boldly go where no eagle has gone before...
WhiteHat
Elang Djawa

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:00 pm

Search features are fixed.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Return to Bugs/Problems/Suggestions