Crash with Street Fighter IV

Find a Bug? Have a Problem? Like to Suggest a Feature? Do it Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Postby WhiteHat » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:17 pm

SF4 uses short for its values of interest (health bar, combo, ultra combo), and they are pretty much obvious. For example: Ryu’s full health = 1000. They are obtainable with just 2 or 3 sub-searches. And the addresses changed/moved/reallocated as we advance to next stage.

I was about sure of making SF4 table when i realized each characters seem to have different values. At least we have some clues now...

It gives me much pains when i can’t debug the game... :evil:
.. to boldly go where no eagle has gone before...
WhiteHat
Elang Djawa

Postby BrollyLSSJ » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:35 pm

WhiteHat wrote:And the addresses changed/moved/reallocated as we advance to next stage.

Good to know. That explains, that it is different every time i start a new training match.

WhiteHat wrote:For example: Ryu’s full health = 1000. They are obtainable with just 2 or 3 sub-searches.

I always found Health with a maximum of 1000. Are you sure that some other characters health points are higher or lower than 1000? Though I cannot remember which Characters i tried.
BrollyLSSJ
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Postby WhiteHat » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:06 pm

If i remember it correctly, some of characters Max HP:
- Ken = 1000
- M. Bison = 1000
- Sakura = 950
- Seth = 750

I can say that values of Current HP, Max HP, Combo, Ultra, etc are close to each other.
Utilize MHS Hex Editor to find them. I often use Group Search for shortcut in finding those addresses...

BTW, SF4 is very cool game...
WhiteHat
Elang Djawa

Postby [Psych] » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:37 pm

BrollyLSSJ wrote:
WhiteHat wrote:And the addresses changed/moved/reallocated as we advance to next stage.

Good to know. That explains, that it is different every time i start a new training match.

It's called DMA (dynamic memory allocation). And FYI, this isn't an MHS bug, so wrong forum.
[Psych]
Hacker Smacker

Postby WhiteHat » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:58 pm

[Psych] wrote:It's called DMA (dynamic memory allocation). And FYI, this isn't an MHS bug, so wrong forum.

You right. Guess we got carried away... Sorry.

For further discussion about Street Fighter 4, follow this link:
http://memoryhacking.com/forums/viewtop ... highlight=
WhiteHat
Elang Djawa

Postby BrollyLSSJ » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:20 pm

[Psych] wrote:It's called DMA (dynamic memory allocation). And FYI, this isn't an MHS bug, so wrong forum.

The Forum got also "Problems" and "Suggestions" in its title and for me, it was a problem. And the crash was definitely a problem. Maybe this forum should get correct sub forums. At least then I could have posted it in the correct section.
BrollyLSSJ
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:53 am

Do not get bent out of shape until I have a problem with the location of your topic.

[Psych] is correct that this is not an MHS bug, problem, or suggestion, but I did not move or bother your topic because it was understood that you originally may have thought it was.

This topic may not be an MHS bug, problem, or suggestion, but I do not have a problem with it being in this section. If I did, it would already have been moved.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby [Psych] » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:30 pm

Psych's just been an ass :P :lol: Done any more with this game dudes?
[Psych]
Hacker Smacker

Postby WhiteHat » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:42 am

IMHO, Brolly’s several earlier posts posted in proper section but the next posts are more about hacking process. That was my reason for opening up a discussion about Street Fighter 4 in OFFLINE GAMES sub-forum here.

Just tried to help and hope i posted that in proper section...
WhiteHat
Elang Djawa

Previous

Return to Bugs/Problems/Suggestions