Feature suggestion on debugger

Find a Bug? Have a Problem? Like to Suggest a Feature? Do it Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Feature suggestion on debugger

Postby Aspras » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:53 am

I thought that the ability to select and delete multiple addresses in auto-hack would speed up certain procedures. Such as when you are using auto-hack in order to find a pointer at a spot where you have to test a number of addresses close to a hundred or even more.
Aspras
NULL

Postby L. Spiro » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:03 am

But if you are selecting multiple addresses, which one’s information will be shown? There can only be one at a time.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Aspras » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:05 am

The selection of multiple addresses will be only done so that they can all be deleted at once, it doesnt really matter what will be displayed at the time since they are all to be gone.
By the way, is it possible to find a module's image size with MHS? I noticed their base addresses are displayed in the Exports tab of the debugger so I think it would be useful to be able to click on "Address" on top and have them ordered in an address ascending order so that by subtracting the address of a dll from the next one's find the image size of the previous one.
Aspras
NULL

Postby L. Spiro » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:20 pm

The distance between modules is almost never the same as the sizes of them. It is not so easy to add sorting to the lists. I am not even sure how I would start to go about it anymore.
You can find the sizes of modules via Alt-Enter.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Aspras » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:48 pm

My bad, I thought the image size is the same thing as the number of addresses the module takes up. As for sorting, wouldnt bubble sorting the addresses and then rearranging the rows work ?
Aspras
NULL

Postby L. Spiro » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:38 am

The size of the module is the amount of space it consumes. But the distance between modules is not the amount of space a module consumes.
This can be seen in the Properties window or the Helper Tab in the Hex Editor.

As for sorting, it has nothing to do with the sorting technique. It has to do with the control being used to display them (which is custom and has no sort feature) and how it links to the data it uses to display its information and handle double-clicks.
I do not even remember how it links to any data, or if it does at all (may be just text), and that would have an impact on how to sort it.

Also, it is based off a tree control, which has no sort feature, probably because there is no intuitive way to sort data inside a tree control. Even if I added one, performance would probably be a huge issue since I would have to insert, delete, and reinsert items constantly.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Return to Bugs/Problems/Suggestions