A strange thing

Find a Bug? Have a Problem? Like to Suggest a Feature? Do it Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

A strange thing

Postby Haing » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:16 am

I was looking at a tutorial you wrote to make a small bot for Minesweeper and it got me interested in your software.
I tried reading various variables in the memory of a game called 2moons.
First I just booted up 2moons normaly and opened the proces in MHS but I could not seem to get values that were supposed to be there.
Though after a whole bunch of tries I closed 2moons down and gave up for a few minutes. I then used "open recent" in mhs, it booted up 2moons by itself. For some reason I then was able to find the values I wanted. In 1 subsearch I got the adress of my ingame x-coordinate. though the game shut down short after I had found it, I suppose it had something to do with gamegaurd not liking what I did. But strangely after the game shut down I couldnt find the adress of what I was looking for again (when ofcourse, I had booted the game again). The times it did not work I got around 300 results, most being green colored adresses, only 1 or 2 black colored ones. The times it did work, I dont remember howmany results I got then (on exact value search) but it was alot more, and alot of the adresses were black colored.

Anyone has some ideas or has tried using MHS with 2moons before?

-- Haing
Haing
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:50 am

Games protected by GameGuard can cause somewhat random results because it is trying to block MHS (meanwhile MHS is trying to unblock itself).

However the seemingly most consistent way around GameGuard is to simply click the All button, find the 3 2Moons.exe entries, and use the middle one. If you see 4 entries, use either of the middle ones.

There are other posts on this site from people who are hacking 2Moons.exe.

As noted in the help file, green addresses indicate static addresses while black addresses are on the heap (or stack).

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Exceeder » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:58 am

you can just donwload the 2moons bypass and atacth to it normaly
Exceeder
I Know My Poop

Postby Haing » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:07 pm

@L. Spiro: I tried looking for multiple 2moons.exe processes, but the only processes I found were Dekaron.exe and GameMon.des (The latter one is GameGuard I think). There was only 1 Dekaron.exe process.

@Exceeder: You keep telling ppl to pm you for the "fix". I'm sorry but it looks like a scam to me. I dont know how trusted you are on these forums, its just my thoughts.

EDIT: There were also 4 times GameGuard.des processes, What is GameMon.des then?
Haing
I Have A Few Questions

Postby Exceeder » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:16 pm

Haing wrote:@L. Spiro: I tried looking for multiple 2moons.exe processes, but the only processes I found were Dekaron.exe and GameMon.des (The latter one is GameGuard I think). There was only 1 Dekaron.exe process.

@Exceeder: You keep telling ppl to pm you for the "fix". I'm sorry but it looks like a scam to me. I dont know how trusted you are on these forums, its just my thoughts.

EDIT: There were also 4 times GameGuard.des processes, What is GameMon.des then?
umm im not asking ppl to get the bypass from me (well olny once)im saying find it yourself then download.
Exceeder
I Know My Poop

Postby L. Spiro » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:39 pm

Dekaron.exe is probably the target process (I wouldn’t know; I have never played this game).
You need to click All to see it 4 (or 3) times.

GameMon.des is a part of GameGuard that monitors the target process and installs hooks.
GameGuard.des shuts down a bunch of “suspicious” programs, including SMSS.exe, which is your session manager included in Windows®. It allows multiple user accounts. Normally it should be illegal for GameGuard to mess with this, but it does anyway.

GameGuard is something you really don’t want on your computer.
I would personally not buy a game with GameGuard. And that has nothing to do with trying to cheat.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Haing » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:20 pm

I did use all, but from another thread I learned that you can only see the 4 processes before gameguard is loaded. Afterwards its only 1. Anyway I changed my mind and I will try a single player game first.
Haing
I Have A Few Questions

Return to Bugs/Problems/Suggestions