Suggestion: Twink to the DLL Injector

Find a Bug? Have a Problem? Like to Suggest a Feature? Do it Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Suggestion: Twink to the DLL Injector

Postby Devalina » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:02 pm

I have been using MHS's DLL injector lately to test out a dll for a project I am currently working on. I have found that after un injecting the dll, that I cant seem to alter the file. I find that I have to either close MHS or try loading a different DLL to get it to release the one I was working on.

My request is that if possible, could you allow the dll once un injected to be freed from the program its self.

I would also like to suggest, having an option to view the values in your address list as hex. Maybe you already have the option, and I've just been blind, and have not seen it. But if not I think that could be a great help.
Devalina
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:28 pm

My request is that if possible, could you allow the dll once un injected to be freed from the program its self.

This should have already been the case but after you mentioned it I covered my code in my head carefully and realized that, in order to call the remote functions, I load the DLL into MHS as well and keep it there as a buffer to make it faster to keep calling more functions from the DLL (the alternative would be to keep reloading and unloading the full DLL each time a function is called, and since I plan to extend this feature to the scripts I would not be willing to accept this performance hit).

I am not sure why you would be able to fix this problem by loading another DLL, however; MHS would simply load both of them, not releasing a lock on the previous. But either way it is a very simple fix.

I would also like to suggest, having an option to view the values in your address list as hex. Maybe you already have the option, and I've just been blind, and have not seen it.

It will be in the next release.

L. Spiro

[EDIT]
My mental assessment of the problem was not entirely accurate but the problem was even easier to fix.
The MHS 4.0.0.5 that is currently on the download page contains the fix. Redownload it.
[/EDIT]
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Devalina » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:25 am

Yep, that has solved the problem I was having :)

I would also like to take a moment and point out that there is a typo under
tools/Memory Allocator. You have CTRL=M vs CTRL-M

Thanks again for the rapid update fix.
Devalina
I Have A Few Questions

Return to Bugs/Problems/Suggestions