[Suggestion] Auto Refresh Process List

Find a Bug? Have a Problem? Like to Suggest a Feature? Do it Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

[Suggestion] Auto Refresh Process List

Postby liqmysaq » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:01 am

it would be nice to have an option for the processes in the process list to refresh themselves.

it can be annoying waiting for a certain process to show up and u gotta keep spamming the refresh button over and over then maybe miss clicking on the process when it does show up cuz it opens and gets hidden too fast. there are times its nice to not have it refresh... so an option to have it on/off would be awesome. or perhaps something like Cheat Engine's Process Watcher, a real-time process window that only shows processes opened after MHS has been opened.

i know its not totally needed cuz of the ALL button... but sometimes u NEED to attach while the game is loading and in that case the ALL button is useless. i think this would be a nice add-on, though not a necessity.
liqmysaq
I Know Your Poop

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:31 am

If you need to attach while the game is loading, use scripts. This is the purpose of On_ProcessIsOpening().

The given lpvEproc pointer can be used to get the name of the process (examine that address in the Hex Editor).

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby liqmysaq » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:18 am

nice i didnt know that. i havent looked at the helpfile about this yet but is there a way to use or write that script so it will attach to a 2nd process of the same name and not the first one? rakion and wolfteam both have it where u need to attach to a rakion.bin or wolfteam.bin that appears shortly after the first one. so there are 2 of the same process name at the same time. i figure this is to prevent auto injectors from injecting into the correct process. would the script attach to the first, then unattach and attach to the 2nd when it comes up? or maybe try to attach to both of them since there are 2 of the same process name open. TBH i dont know why i even ask.. the answer is always the same when i ask about scripts lol. guess i just need to hear u tell me "if u script it.. it will happen" :P
liqmysaq
I Know Your Poop

Postby L. Spiro » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:44 am

It will do as you code it.
If you simply call LoadProcess() it will unattach from to whatever it is attached and then attach to the new process, hence it will attach to the last instance loaded.

But it will not be in Restricted Mode. I should add that over the weekend.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Return to Bugs/Problems/Suggestions