[suggestion] Hide debugger

Find a Bug? Have a Problem? Like to Suggest a Feature? Do it Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Postby L. Spiro » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:07 pm

If you want to try the math yourself feel free. Basically just answer this question:

Z = Up.
You are moving at 12.676, 7.562, -12.56 (meters per second) and are at position 90.7987, 34.34343434, 56.9737.
Your bullet travels at 75 meters per second and takes 50% of your velocity in all directions when fired.
The target as at 78.9, 39.368, 67.76532, with velocity 1.56, 2.6595, -33.9676, and acceleration -0.89, 0.22, -18.76.
Your ping is 224 milliseconds (if you fire now, your shot will not come out until this time has passed, and the numbers for the target are behind by this amount).

If you fire right now, where do you need to be pointing to hit the target?
Where will the target be at the time the bullet hits?

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Carl » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:58 pm

-74! if your shooting at him and hes running to the left infront of him, if hes running backwards behind him!

by now you probably know im beign a smartass.

but, you lost me o.o
i only got As in math class and i only went through alg2 and prob and stats. dont make fun of me. i only went to florida schools. the state ranked 49/50 in education. the last one was mississippi. you can tell because the name of thier state is so fucked up. and i know how to spell it because when i was a child i use to laugh at the pp part ^^
and the song that went with it was m i ss i ss i pp i - teehee

also, i finally looked at your deviant art pictures...your better than me @ everything except sucking.

ass.

-Carl
Carl
Hackleberry Fin

Postby martix » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:17 am

Haha...
Well this all seems like high school math or less. So I still don't see a problem in the math. Your professors are stupid :P
The problem is the technological issues.
Because... not only your target, but YOU will also be 224ms behind and the game won't wait for neither one. So the biggest problem I see is the innacuracy and the need for educated guesses of how said values might have changed till then.
martix
Acker

Postby L. Spiro » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:09 am

The target is not behind by 224 milliseconds. It is behind by whatever ping it has, which is irrelevent to the server, which has a ping of 0.
You only need to adjust positions to match what the server sees, which is simply a matter of accounting for your own ping.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby martix » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:03 am

Well I have no idea what happens server side and what client-side so I'm basically guessing here.
But I still think its about the best guess. :D
martix
Acker

Postby Carl » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:21 pm

well its a nice though but another thing you have to account for are interps. thats what we call it in cs because the commands are ex_interp.

Basically if your "interping" thier ping is forced up for down depending on the level at which the command is set. the command basically delays eveyones hit boxes by defaul .01 = 1ms but he command can be put to .10 giving 10ms and since this part of it is cleint sided it might throw the aimbot off a lil. or benefit from it depending on how its set.

a good way to look at it is, if i peeked and now hiding behind a wall it shows it as such but my hitboxes are delayed so that they are still out and catching up with my model.

Hehe i bet it still has nothing to do with what were talking about :x
Carl
Hackleberry Fin

Previous

Return to Bugs/Problems/Suggestions