MHS 4.0.0.2 comment

Find a Bug? Have a Problem? Like to Suggest a Feature? Do it Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

MHS 4.0.0.2 comment

Postby robrave » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:55 pm

After using 4.0.0.2 for a while, I noticed the following:

Debugger
1. When I right-click a line on the disassembler and choose to add execute breakpoint. A dialog opens up with caption of "Attach Debugger?", then there's a text saying "Static", what does that mean? then there's a choices "yes" "no" and "always". I choose always anyway :)

2. In the registers window, EAX etc shows addresses.. can I be able to right-click it and view it in hex editor? Because when tracking down what those addresses point to I have to type it manually in the helper.

Main MHS
1. I found the address of the unicode string. Added it and select String as its type. But the main window only shows the first char. Its the same whether I select Char or String regardless if Display as Unicode is checked. Can I also be able to specify the max length if I select a String? Either encountering a null char or reaching the max

length specified. Take note that when the address what viewed in Hex Editor and I point the mouse, status bar displays the correct string with \0 at the end.

2. Is there an option to drag the item in the list of added addresses up or down? Because whenever I load my saved addresses, it was not the same order as it was before.

Injection Manager
1. Even if I select Always Inject, I always noticed that it goes back to Unapplied. I have to click Apply every now and then. (been experiencing this since 4.0.0.1)

2. Just when I used 4.0.0.2 a weird thing happened. I can't modify one of the injections since both Unapply and Apply buttons are all disabled. I have to remove it and create a new one.

3. Usually when MHS was closed forcefully thru Task Manager, the last injection was not saved. How can I save my created injections?? I always rely on closing the MHS to save it before actually using it in case I have to kill MHS forcefully.

4. When creating a new injection.. since there's an address of code cave, can the preview besides displaying the new code also has an address beside it? Since when comparing AX values, I have to do lots of jumps between addresses and I have to inject it first to see how the codes was aligned.

Thanks for the new release!! MHS just keeps on getting better and better :)
robrave
Hacker Smacker

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:33 pm

-
#1: Oops.

#2: No, but the option to copy the value into the clipboard will come soon.

-
#1: The length of the string depends on what you enter into the Value When Locked -> Exact Value edit box. If the string in that box is 1 character long, the string is one character long. Normally the string length is calculated when you add it from the Found Address list or from the Create Address dialog.

#2: Items are put into the save file in address order. You can not drag, though it might be possible in the future. Normally you just need to click the header to sort them again.

-
#1: I will look into it.

#2: This is definitely not a new issue in MHS 4.0.0.2. If this issue exists, it existed before MHS 4.0.0.2; no part of the Injection system was modified between 4.0.0.1 and 4.0.0.2.

#3: The Export button in the Create Injection dialog. This does not save it to the main list but you can load it to the main list next time (if needed). Why do you have to force it to close? I have never had this happen.

#4: It is possible.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby robrave » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:33 pm

I just noticed that everytime I add a breakpoint.. MHS seems to not responding for around 2-3 secs.. this is not like 4.0.0.1 in which there's no delay everytime I add. The situation is kinda like when the debugger was attached. Does MHS attached the debugger everytime I add a breakpoint.. its quite distracting and sometimes annoying to wait a few seconds

Peace :evil:
robrave
Hacker Smacker

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:37 pm

This problem is already discovered and will be patched out tonight.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Return to Bugs/Problems/Suggestions