Debugger not breaking

Find a Bug? Have a Problem? Like to Suggest a Feature? Do it Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Debugger not breaking

Postby SunBeam » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm

Am playing a game called Breed. Tried setting all types of breakpoints on a single address in Disassembler window (breakpoints get enabled, as I checked the list) but when accessing the opcode, MHS doesn't break o_O. Game is using StarForce, but am using a cracked executable, so there shouldn't be any issues. If needed, I can post feedback. Am finding it odd, as Olly and Cheat Engine both work with the game o_O...
SunBeam
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:42 am

Ensure the Debugger is attached. File/Debug.
The help file explains the Debugger and other points about breakpoints that you should know. For one, breakpoints can do other things besides break, so you may also need to check that you are using the correct breakpoint function (Single Step).

Breakpoints can be set even when the Debugger is not attached. I intended to make a prompt to attach the Debugger if it is not already, but I did not get to it for the last release. It will be in the next release.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby robrave » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:03 pm

I encounted this too.. though I think I just dont know how to use it.. but I was able to make it work using Hardware breakpoint, Execute
robrave
Hacker Smacker

Postby L. Spiro » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:28 pm

Because my system is not much like most others’, certain things are not as straightforward is they are in other software.
This is an issue I have to handle and I plan to make things clearer and more user-friendly (especially by automatically attaching the debugger when breakpoints are set) in next releases.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby L. Spiro » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:18 pm

MHS 4.0.0.2 is now available and makes this issue easier to handle.
It will automatically attach to the target when you add a breakpoint, or at least prompt you once.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Return to Bugs/Problems/Suggestions