[problem] 2Moons search does not seem to work.

Find a Bug? Have a Problem? Like to Suggest a Feature? Do it Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

[problem] 2Moons search does not seem to work.

Postby AlaXul » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:46 am

2Moons is a new MORPG game that is currently in open beta. It employees the nProtect GameMon anti-cheat system. Currently the latest version of MHS is not detected by it, but at the same time MHS is unable to scan the memory of the game. Regardless of what value you enter, the search takes 1 second and comes back with nothing found. Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot this?

http://2moons.acclaim.com/

Thanks

MHS 4.0.0.0
AlaXul
Sir Hacks-A-Lot

Postby L. Spiro » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:48 am

I will look into it soon.
It probably means I need to finish the kernel-mode ReadProcessMemory.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby AlaXul » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:42 pm

It turns out that the issue is with GameMon. It hides the true process preventing you from finding the right memory. Tools like CheatEngine are able to find a process by Active Window rather then by process list. This defeats the GameMon cheat protection. MHS has the ability to list all processes but it still does not seem to find 2Moons process. When Cheatengine with Window List feature, it shows the process as Hex 00000000-2Moons.
AlaXul
Sir Hacks-A-Lot

Postby Kakashi_s1 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:43 pm

you're off a bit AlaXul. The issue is with GameGuard is true, but MHS is able to open 2moons process. It is labled DEKARON.exe not 2moons.exe. You have to pre-load the OPEN PROCESS window, click ALL and then load up 2Moons. Once it loads up, you have to press REFRESH and then click on the second dekaron process. You have to do it quick or else it wont attach to the program. And you have to do all this before GameGuard finishes loading.

It is tough but it can be done. However, i do ask for a suggestion to put in a PROCESS WATCHER much like Cheat Engine so you can easily attach to files being loaded.
Kakashi_s1
Sir Hacks-A-Lot

Postby Sorn » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:36 am

Yes the gameguard blocks pretty much all interactivity with the game window itself. It even blocks the Getpixel functions which render all pixelbots useless.

over at http://www.elitepvpers.de/forum/index.php there is a good guide on using CE (cheat Engine) with 2Moons. It's pretty much exactly how Kakashi has stated though it's pretty quick to attach it so you gotta be fast.

I messed around with it a bit and unpacking the game from gameguard doesn't help either since it has ingame checks for the gameguard process. So you'd have to go through and crack the whole exe for all checks. If not it crashes after about 30 secs in game
Sorn
I Have A Few Questions

Return to Bugs/Problems/Suggestions