LSS hotkeys not working anymore

Find a Bug? Have a Problem? Like to Suggest a Feature? Do it Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

LSS hotkeys not working anymore

Postby liqmysaq » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:41 am

i was using my LSS script just fine like always, then it wouldnt work. no matter what i did. i did not change the script in any way. other hotkeys would work that were not script, but not the hotkeys in my scripts. i tried another version and the same thing! the only thing thats the same with the 2 versions was the defprof.ini file. so i deleted MHS and unzipped a new one. viola it worked fine. about an hour or 2 later, wouldnt work again. now i cant make it work even on a fresh unzip. ive tested with versions 4.0.0.14, 5.001, and 5.002.
nobody else has ever had a problem like this that i have talked to. makes me think its a problem on my side but i dont know what it could be. any ideas?
liqmysaq
I Know Your Poop

Postby L. Spiro » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:31 am

If you open another MHS that uses the same Hotkeys it will unregister the ones used by the first.

And try Polling Method when they stop working.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby liqmysaq » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:51 am

i only use 1 MHS at a time and polling method never works for me in games. i have always had a problem of the LSS hotkeys not working sometimes, usually when i first make the hotkey, but usually it fixes itself. when it used to happen i thought i was doing the coding wrong and thats y it wasnt working, but i know the code is correct because it was working fine and i havent changed it at all. i have rewritten the code, tried using different hotkeys, nothing will work now. hotkeys such as lock/unlock address, subsearch, etc. work perfectly. only script function hotkeys wont work >.<
liqmysaq
I Know Your Poop

Postby L. Spiro » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:52 pm

There is no difference in the interface between Hotkeys can each of their functions. That is, the interface to make Lock/Unlock work is the same as the one for calling script functions.

So be sure the function is actually being called.
If the scripts fail to compile or if their functionality is blocked they will not work.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby liqmysaq » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:32 am

ok figured out what the problem was (thx to compmstr). the base address had changed and in my table i use module+offset but in the script i cant use that so when it changed i didnt know. can u make it so we can use the module+offset in scripts on a future release plz?
liqmysaq
I Know Your Poop

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:29 am

External variables already use module+offset for addressing. That is the whole point of the { "", OFFSET } format.

However you must realize that when MHS starts up and it compiles the scripts, that module does not exist, so the addresses of globals can not be correctly resolved.
Therefore this syntax can only be used with external variables declared inside functions (because the address will be resolved each time it is declared, which means each time the function is called). If you are using them outside of functions, you need to move them.

L. Spiro
Last edited by L. Spiro on Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby liqmysaq » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:31 am

ooohhhhhh, i understand now. thanks. :D
liqmysaq
I Know Your Poop

Return to Bugs/Problems/Suggestions