suggestion: delete/copy&paste/script related functions

Find a Bug? Have a Problem? Like to Suggest a Feature? Do it Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

suggestion: delete/copy&paste/script related functions

Postby mezzo » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:24 pm

Hey Hey :-)
I would like to have an option to manually delete a search result from the list of found addresses (in the right click menu, or where ever).

It would also be nice to be able to 'copy' and 'paste' in the list of saved addresses.

I don't know if the following is feasible, but it would be nice:

script functions to:
- compile another script (eg. receive code through winsock +compile+run)
- run another script (add it to the script list if needed)
- No thanks, I already have a penguin -
mezzo
El Mariachi

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:36 pm

I would like to have an option to manually delete a search result from the list of found addresses (in the right click menu, or where ever).

If this is ever added it will be very far in the future.
My lists are not simple as they are in other programs. This may work in ArtMoney, Cheat Engine, or even TSearch, but my lists are different (hence the extra speed and decreased RAM usage).

It would also be nice to be able to 'copy' and 'paste' in the list of saved addresses.

This will be added in the future.
I am to design a standard copy/paste format that all memory searches will use so we can all copy/paste between each others’ software.

script functions to:
- compile another script (eg. receive code through winsock +compile+run)
- run another script (add it to the script list if needed)

It is possible and I have considered it.
No word yet as to whether it will ever be added.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby mezzo » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:30 pm

Hey L.Spiro,
thanks for the heads-up

The 'script' functions would be very nice for my little bot project :-)
I would love to have them talk to each other and send code to each other to run :)

The reason I was thinking about a delete option for the search result window, is that often when I'm searching, I end up with about 2000 results left. Since I pause the game when I do the actual search, I would expect that the results I find don't change. But often this is not the case... When I have a quick look through the result window, there is always a bunch of results changing so rapidly that they must be some time of timer variable or so..

I can easily remove those results by subsearching for 'same as before', but I seem to be doing that a whole lot lately :-) perhaps I just need to make a macro to do 200 * "subsearching for 'same as before'" to get rid of them..

I can fully understand that the format we see the search results in, is absolutely not compatible with a delete option... forget I mentioned it

(BTW, I never used any of the other cheat tools, except for the tsearch's ability to show me the code that is changing the value, I guess MHS is able to do that with the debugger, but I'm not that far yet. Either way, from what I remember from tools like gamewiz32 and gametools, MHS is far FAAAAAR better) :P
- No thanks, I already have a penguin -
mezzo
El Mariachi

Return to Bugs/Problems/Suggestions