Enable "Same as Original" Sub Search problem...

Find a Bug? Have a Problem? Like to Suggest a Feature? Do it Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Enable "Same as Original" Sub Search problem...

Postby double d » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:50 am

I did a little bit of searching and I could not come up with a specific answer/fix for a problem i have been having...

L. Spiro, your program is so very powerful and amazing :D
I have no clue what i would do without it...

But the problem i have, is when i try to do a Unknown value search with the Same as Original checked, under certain games or programs, the error message box pops up saying it could not save the scan results, or something similar meaning i cant use the same as original search...

Now, I am just curious, is this an error on my part? As in do i have to set some options differently?
Or could it be because of something to do with the way the scan works and the many addresses of the target program? Because it does work for certain games/programs, while on others it does not...

Thanks to everyone in advance

--
Double D
double d
I Have A Few Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:01 am

It can mean it could not allocate enough RAM to store the results.
This typically only happens on Unknown searches since the chunks are sized by what they are in the RAM of the target process rather than by the buffer size you set in the options.
It could also be disk space (probably more likely), since you may end up needing several hundred megabytes to store the results to disk.

You can prevent it by reducing the search range.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Return to Bugs/Problems/Suggestions