Vista SP1

Find a Bug? Have a Problem? Like to Suggest a Feature? Do it Here

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Vista SP1

Postby BlackDove » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:49 am

MHS (all recent versions) do not seem to be to be able to read / write memory in Vista SP1 processes. It worked okay in Vista without SP1.

Just wondering when and if SP1 will be supported. I know that Vista was never really supported (debugger attach crash), so my hopes aren't too high...

Thanks.
BlackDove
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:33 am

The graphics card in my Windows® XP exploded (I’m a maniac, MANIAC!!) and I was forced to use my Windows® Vista computer for all things including MHS development.
I have my old computer back now but I am too lazy to transfer the files back over to it, so Windows® Vista is my main platform for development now.

This obviously forced me to fix all issues with Windows® Vista that existed to this point.

As a result, MHS works perfectly on Windows® Vista now, but I do not know if I have SP1 on my Windows® Vista machine. From the sounds of it, probably not.
But if I upgrade (and I will) then I will also make the changes necessary to get it working again.

In the meantime, disable the kernel ReadProcessMemory() and WriteProcessMemory() functions.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby BlackDove » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:04 am

Thanks for addressing the bug in 4.0.17.

However, I'm on Vista SP1 and the debugger now freezes MHS entirely after attaching it to calc.exe. Also, the custom kernel read / write features do not seem compatible yet.
BlackDove
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Postby L. Spiro » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:40 am

I get no freezes with Windows Vista.

As for ReadProcessMemory and WriteProcessMemory in Windows Vista SP1, I do know what the problem is but fixing it is not within my hands. I need an updated EPROCESS structure.

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby g3nuin3 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:04 am

my heart melts when i see that mhs actually starts up on my vista machine.
g3nuin3
Acker

Return to Bugs/Problems/Suggestions