About the game ( My views )

Hacking Legend of Ares

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo, Explicit

About the game ( My views )

Postby windsymphony » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:25 pm

Dont know when this game was devloped , must be around 2005 or earlier ..but this game has still got lots of fan IN U.S , Korea and many others around the world .

This game was shutdown by netgame for various reasons ,

1. Towards the end very less players played it ( lets all be honest )
2. Less players = very very less remium item buyers , therefore they did not have any profit at all
3. Outdated Graphics ( is it just me or the korean server game graphics looks worser ~ no iidea why )
4. During the time i played this game there wer only few players in my server that went above 135 lvl
and one or two at lvl 140~ 145 ? ....i think the game's lvel was capped at 160.
For a game that did not support AOE grinding very much and mostly single target grinding ... the exp rate was really really low after 80 levels ..
5. Hacking and Duping of items ...i feel guilty of doing it myself and take part blame in desroying the game ...the game's coding i think was just too weak ....most of the game element for client sided? ....

----

6. Korean Game industry which used to produce one or two good game every 6 months suddenly boomed and let out 4 or 5 games every two months .....

Why the game was really good ? , What does it have that others doesnt :

Many people posted in many mmorpg forums asking for " Game like legend of ares" and sadly got referred to useless games like shaiya , aika , knight online e.t.c

i really dont know the terms for saying the unique elements that made LOA cool... but than i think it was

1. Faction wars : It brought competitive gameplay , Not many games nowdays have faction wars and legend of ares had the " Ultimate Faction Wars " , Two Nations fighting against each other is a better story no matter what ....wether its a game or movie or anime !!

2. Game World : The game world was not unnecessarily big like World of Warcraft or too small like " Divine Souls" ...game world was perfect size for an mmorpg ( My Ideal Game World EVER!! ), I mean the maps , variety of monsters

3. Graphics : Yes even though i said it has bad graphics , it is only if you compare it to other games !! .., when you consider that the game was made around 2004~ 2005 ...it is still playable even today ( QUITE AMAZING)

4. Classes : Honestly it had everything one can ask for ~ One Tank , One Damage , One Ranged and A Magic/Healer ...simple and adequate....

5. Skill System : It is Quite wierd that for a game PVP that relied on only a single skill used by all players(At High Levels) ( excluding buff skills ) to atack others this game honestly had amazing feel of PVP ...

6. Bosses and Legendary Items : To obtain better items in game was / looked easy .....kill the boss and you get a cool item !! ...there is no boss?? dont worry we have an item that spawns a boss for you ...XD ...so basically easily obtainable items like classes would always target particular bosses that would give them their choice of items ....

.....sorry for bad english , just my views ill try edit it later and perfect the post
windsymphony
I Have A Few Questions

Return to Legend of Ares