What's 'KLoA' & 'Simply Ares'?

Hacking Legend of Ares

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo, Explicit

What's 'KLoA' & 'Simply Ares'?

Postby Holydonut » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:17 pm

Well, me and my friend played LoA like 2 and a half year ago and we really loved it.
Today we became pretty sad, as we saw that it doesn't really exist anymore :(
So I went here to ask you guys: 'Should I try KLoA? And what is the difference?"

Well, I know that it is a koren version of the game, and we (my friend and I) found a site, which looks like the homepage of KLoA.
But we don't really get it how to register D:
We translated some fields which we have to fill, and it said something like name and social security number and we really don't know what that has to mean :o

We also heard about something called "Simply Ares", which seems to be something like a private server project, I guess.

But I really don't know, if I'm able to play LoA at all again.
We really want to, it was a great game, if there weren't all the cheaters and stuff.

So please tell me, forum, what's that KLoA thingy or Simply Ares and am I able to play there?
Would be fuckin' awesome! :D

Well, I hope you can help me.

Cheerz,
Holydonut

EDIT: By the way, I'm not THE Holydonut from LoA, I might stole his name ;)
Life is too short :)
Holydonut
I Have A Few Questions

Re: What's 'KLoA' & 'Simply Ares'?

Postby SpeedWing » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:28 pm

Holydonut wrote:Well, me and my friend played LoA like 2 and a half year ago and we really loved it.
Today we became pretty sad, as we saw that it doesn't really exist anymore :(
So I went here to ask you guys: 'Should I try KLoA? And what is the difference?"

Well, I know that it is a koren version of the game, and we (my friend and I) found a site, which looks like the homepage of KLoA.
But we don't really get it how to register D:
We translated some fields which we have to fill, and it said something like name and social security number and we really don't know what that has to mean :o

We also heard about something called "Simply Ares", which seems to be something like a private server project, I guess.

But I really don't know, if I'm able to play LoA at all again.
We really want to, it was a great game, if there weren't all the cheaters and stuff.

So please tell me, forum, what's that KLoA thingy or Simply Ares and am I able to play there?
Would be fuckin' awesome! :D

Well, I hope you can help me.

Cheerz,
Holydonut

EDIT: By the way, I'm not THE Holydonut from LoA, I might stole his name ;)

KLoA is just the legend of ares for Korean people. it has an updated UI, it has more monsters, more armor( and of course the language is Korean).

there is not much information about Simply Ares, all I can tell you that the chance it will be there is very large.
SpeedWing
Defragler

Postby Cookie » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:27 pm

VERY SMALL, as I keep seeing them asking all the shiz that didn't work be4 on ragezone .also they posted no proofs.
Cookie
Hack-Master Hex

Postby SpeedWing » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:06 am

Cookie wrote:VERY SMALL, as I keep seeing them asking all the shiz that didn't work be4 on ragezone .also they posted no proofs.

There is evidence that they have things working. the problem is that a lot of things need to be coded in the repent server, which is time consuming.
SpeedWing
Defragler

Postby varemenos » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:28 am

KLoA`s website is : http://ares.mgame.com
SimpleAres website is : http://www.simplygamers.co.uk/Gamers_Forum/

You need a KSSN aka Korean Social Security Number to make an account in KLoA. I believe you will need someone to make you an account in there.
As for SimplyAres, its under development. And it might take time, till and if it work.
varemenos
Been Around More

Postby Holydonut » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:08 am

First of all thanks for the replies.

@varemenos: So I need a korean guy to make me an account on KLoA?

@SpeedWing: I hope it will be working. It would be awesome. But they should make it like the old LoA. Just no cheaters.

@Cookie: Why are you thinking so negative? Don't you like LoA? What makes you think, that it won't work.

Sorry for my bad english.

Cheerz,
Holydonut
Holydonut
I Have A Few Questions

Postby varemenos » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:57 pm

There are people who tried in the past to make a private server of LoA but failed.
You need either a korean guy to make you an account or someone else to find a KSSN generator or something and get you an account
varemenos
Been Around More

Postby Holydonut » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:43 pm

Alright, thanks for the help.
I hope they will do it on Simply Ares.
It was such a simple, but great game.
And it would be something worth, when you get a buck.
Man, I remember.
I was a kiddy when I play LoA.
But I wanna play it again, no way to stop meh :D

Again - sorry for my bad English skills.

Cheerz,
Holydonut
Holydonut
I Have A Few Questions

Postby Cookie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:44 pm

Because ppl way better than thefog and the others failed ,so how can they not ?
Cookie
Hack-Master Hex

Postby varemenos » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:53 pm

what does thefog has to do with simplyAres?
also SimplyAres managed to get passed the login issue
varemenos
Been Around More

Postby Cookie » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:02 am

They need to code 1/3 of the table files,now unless they know how and what is coded in each .tbl file they can't do shiz.
Cookie
Hack-Master Hex

Postby Holydonut » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:26 pm

I hope they will.
I really do.
By the way,
Do you guys play KLoA?

Cheerz,
Holydonut
Holydonut
I Have A Few Questions

Postby 5STAR » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:29 pm

Cookie wrote:They need to code 1/3 of the table files,now unless they know how and what is coded in each .tbl file they can't do shiz.

Why do you think its taking so long lol, with the server files what was available and the current way the game is theres alot of coding to do. with knowing how the tables work. in all coding its relative data so where others have failed we have succeeded and we will continue till were able to release.

The Reason i'm not posting proof is because why do i need to and mainly because if i put it there people will want alot more screen shots of whats available. like in the RF server theres going to be a massive update with never before seen content.

on the origanal rf server people leeched our ideas and concepts even used some of our skins. so i learnt from my mistake so when its ready there will be a massive announcement and ontop of that you will get the game back. im even trying to get a official license but its hard talking to people i need to with the language barrier
5STAR
I Have A Few Questions

Postby varemenos » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:32 pm

There you go
varemenos
Been Around More

Postby 5STAR » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:37 pm

Cookie wrote:VERY SMALL, as I keep seeing them asking all the shiz that didn't work be4 on ragezone .also they posted no proofs.

and i made one post on ragezone , so quit trying to put the project down.

Hello People,

i just registered i usualy just browse the forums as a guest but finally decided to register, i will be setting up a repent server. ive got a team together of well experienced coders from several over games. and also run my own p server for another game.

Anyone who can help or point us in the right way would be much appreciated and hopefully we will have a live server in a few weeks we already got a live test server which were working on to get it running as soon as possible.

-5TU-

As you can tell it aint all gone to plan but were getting there
5STAR
I Have A Few Questions

Next

Return to Legend of Ares