petition to aeria games

Hacking Legend of Ares

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo, Explicit

Re: petition to aeria games

Postby varemenos » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:43 pm

Not sure but i dont think any company will buy LoA even with 2k votes...
varemenos
Been Around More

Postby hackonse » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:19 pm

1083 votes and nothing happens D:
hackonse
I Have A Few Questions

Postby 17thenoob » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:49 am

i hope they explode and decide to run this game so I may once again jizz on its fork
17thenoob
Been Around

Postby sjaquire » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:27 pm

1396 post already is there some one that send the petition to aeria games or even just send a mail that there is a petition :roll: ??????
sjaquire
I Have A Question

Postby L. Spiro » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:51 am

Not to rain on the parade but as someone in the game industry I have never heard of any online petitions (which is not what this is anyway) having any result at all, especially not in the gaming industry.

Most petitions are not directed towards anyone at all, and when they are they are misdirected.
For example, if you had a petition for a sequel to a game you loved, you would end up sending it to the company that developed the original, wouldn’t you? But that would be foolish, don’t you think? Since it is not up to the developer, it is up to the publisher. The developer already wants to make a sequel; their problem is showing a publisher/venture capitalist/someone with money that a sequel can sell, and the way of doing this is not by showing them a list of 1,000 names, but by showing them figures on the original game + projected improved figures - cost of development.

Besides that, even if 1,000 signatures on a petition equates to 1,000 guaranteed sales, that is considered absolute failure. No publisher can be persuaded by such a small number. Publishers are expecting 50,000 sales in the least, depending on the complexity of the game/cost of development.
In this case there is not a cost to develop, but a cost to maintain. And there isn’t a publisher because the game can be published by Aeria directly. But the numbers still apply. Why would Aeria care about a measly 1,000 accounts? 2,000? Absolute failure. My mIRC fighting game from years ago accumulated more accounts than that and it was on a small server and was never advertised.

Notice that I said if 1,000 signatures equated to 1,000 sales.
Signatures on a petition can be faked. One guy could add 3 or 4, or 700.
So let’s say I am a big boss in Aeria and I get this “petition” in my e-mail box.
I am not an idiot who can be impressed by something that could just as easily be faked.
I quickly hit the Delete button and move on to the more important e-mails regarding business meetings with clients etc.

Similarly, if I were a developer trying to raise funds for a game by showing potential publishers/VC’s/etc. a petition started online, I would be laughed out of the room and die under a bridge cold and alone.

End the nonsense. No e-petition has ever had any result and never will.
Want to read more?
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp

L. Spiro
Our songs remind you of songs you’ve never heard.
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby Cookie » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:05 am

Most of us are well aware of that, I have already lost faith in another publisher for a Global version of Legend of Ares, and since mgame is some bad company no one would dare to steal their files either, so if you want to play LOA you gotta get a account on .mgame.com and play the KR version.
Cookie
Hack-Master Hex

Postby pjomraska » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:44 am

Guys it doesnt matter how many petitions we get.
Even if we get 10,000 which is impossilbe they wont even
take it over then just admit it LOA is going into the games
history its over mgame screwed it bad and its hopeless
no matter what we do or try the only way to play loa
is the Korean version or the private server which doesnt works
for alot of ppl its sucks i know i loved loa to much but its over
pjomraska
I Ask A Lot Of Questions

Previous

Return to Legend of Ares