Script Search

Things I Plan to Add/Remove/Change in the Future

Moderators: g3nuin3, SpeedWing, WhiteHat, mezzo

Script Search

Postby L. Spiro » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:07 pm

This is going to be in the next release (3.0.1.4 Pro).
In fact, it is already done, but I need to document it and provide multiple examples of its uses (which are vast).

Script Searches are the ultimate search type, able to perform every other search type that exists (in this software and in others), and more that don’t even exist yet.

Script Searches allow you to decide which values get added to the result list during a search.
Memory Hacking Software will run its normal searching routine, managing the buffers and result list for you, but for each address it checks it will call a script function written by you (or your friends).
The script function then evaluates the data and determines if it should be added to the main list or not.

The checking process is performed entirely by the script function, which allows you to write any type of checking you can imagine. This means you can create any type of search you desire, no matter how wild or game-specific.

You can perform any kind of encryption search, using any kind of decryption method.

You can cast the buffer to a structure and create “Template Searches”, or structure searches. After casting to a structure, your script can then validate each structure member and determine if the data is all valid.

You can perform ArtMoney’s “Formula Search”, but with more diverse formulas and faster checking.

You can customize searches towards given processes. For example, searching for pointers in Project64 would normally give you pointers used by Project64 itself, rather than pointers inside the game that Project64 is emulating. A pointer used by Project64 might look like “0x0238FB1C” while a pointer used by the game playing in Project64 might look like “0x81003A80” or “0xA1003A80”. These pointers are in “Nintendo 64” format and can’t be used by us without a bit of processing.
Therefore, it becomes possible to create a new “Project64 Pointer Search”, to go alongside the existing Pointer Search, which would find the Nintendo 64 pointers used by the game running inside Project64.

Script Searches also allow customized Sub Searching, allowing you to define the way(s) in which the result list is filtered.

There are no longer any limits on searching capabilities in Memory Hacking Software.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby IcameIsawIcheated » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:55 pm

Can't wait. :D
IcameIsawIcheated
Hackleberry Fin

Postby L. Spiro » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:41 pm

Script Search

Unfortunately tonight I had to play badminton, so the release won’t be posted until tomorrow morning (my time), or around 10 at night in America.

But that just means I have more time to whip up some good examples for the snippets and examples.

Snippets and Examples

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby L. Spiro » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:22 pm

It is available for download.

I didn’t have time to add Script Searches to the API so they can be initiated from script, so that will come in the next release.

And better examples will be added to the help file and on this site.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Postby stomperz » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:55 am

I have already tried starting a forum but the server gives me problems with
the database.
I don��t know what it is. My boss is actually hosting the site and I don��t
have full access.

Glad to see you have the form up!

Can't seem to get any scripts running that I have created.
Do you have any working Scripts (simple) laying around that I may chk out?

thx stomperz
(dryballs)
stomperz
I Have A Question

Postby L. Spiro » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:55 am

The help file has a step-by-step walkthrough to get scripts running.

It has copy/paste code you can use from all kinds of examples.

L. Spiro
L. Spiro
L. Spiro

Return to The Future